Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYP: Betrayed By State

flashback

I know you had a possible opportunity as an FSO so you have been on the inside, for a brief time. No I am not trying to paint it as being a commie institution, but it is certainly more liberal leaning and you have more people who would associate themselves as D's rather then R's by a wide margin there

Which is in a direct contradiction to what you said earlier. . .

Do you know how many "Republicans" work at DOS?

I can count them on my hand. And you know who they are

While the DoS would be more left leaning because of their work, they are by absolutely no means a strictly liberal branch of government. They have demographics across every isle as does every other branch of government. I found your first quote extremely partisan, ignorant and blatantly false. Your second one was a lot better.

Why would we encourage the Iraqis who are actually willing to help us get here easier? Shouldn't they be wanting to stay and rebuild thier country?

Because if they stay in their country they will be killed along with their families for helping the Americans. . .I guess you missed that part of the article, or at that doesn't matter to you.

Because if they stay in their country they will be killed along with their families for helping the Americans. . .I guess you missed that part of the article, or at that doesn't matter to you.
No, that was kind of my point. If you would have read my earlier post you would have gotten that, but I guess reading isn't a strong part of finger pointing.

Which is in a direct contradiction to what you said earlier. . .

While the DoS would be more left leaning because of their work, they are by absolutely no means a strictly liberal branch of government. They have demographics across every isle as does every other branch of government. I found your first quote extremely partisan, ignorant and blatantly false. Your second one was a lot better.

It is called a major exaggeration to make a point :)

You know, sort of like you do ;)

I don't expect people like you to take that seriously

However, with my experience, and contacts with DOS, my 2 to 1 margin is not :)

No, that was kind of my point. If you would have read my earlier post you would have gotten that, but I guess reading isn't a strong part of finger pointing.

From this post. . .

This is basically in line with what I hear from the guys I know who are coming back. The people of Iraq are not our allies, except for small portions. The average Iraqi has had it's fill of our occupation.

Then to this one. . .

Why would we encourage the Iraqis who are actually willing to help us get here easier? Shouldn't they be wanting to stay and rebuild thier country?

I am to deduce from the above post you believe if they stay in Iraq they will be killed???

You have got to be kidding me. . . if your post was meant to be either sarcastic or tongue in cheek, used a emoticon or something. . .because I did not read it as sarcastic especially knowing your posting history.

It is called a major exaggeration to make a point :)

You know, sort of like you do ;)

I don't expect people like you to take that seriously

However, with my experience, and contacts with DOS, my 2 to 1 margin is not :)

Yet it was in response to people not doing their jobs and thus trying to say it was the democrats fault by proxy. . .when in fact, one Ms. Rice can fix this problem with a signature of her pen.

I think his analogy made perfect sense, and it is something which is wrong with the GOP. How can you be good at governance if you abhor government?

Yet it was in response to people not doing their jobs and thus trying to say it was the democrats fault by proxy. . .when in fact, one Ms. Rice can fix this problem with a signature of her pen.

I think his analogy made perfect sense, and it is something which is wrong with the GOP. How can you be good at governance if you abhor government?

Its actually an absurd argument

Virginia has been run by Republicans for a dozen years, and according to an article today on AOL.com is one of the top 3 best managed states in the country. Edit: I should add Utah was in the top 3 also, another Republican state

http://www.pewcenteronthestates.org/uploadedFiles/Grading-the-States-2008.pdf

The straw man you have built in that regards is naive, ignorant, and blatantly false.

Simple, flashback threw out an ignorant argument trying to blame this on Republicans, when in fact the vast majority of DOS would consider themselves D's.

Does Ms. Rice wield the most power? Yes. But if you see DjTj's post, it should address why Ms. Rice is not the only factor here, with regards to this specific issue

Interesting that the conservative Rupert Murdoch owned New York Post chose to run this story as a sad tale of Department of State bureaucrats betraying the friends of America by making it too hard to immigrate....

when at the same time they are always railing about how we don't do enough to keep immigrants out and the State guys are just following the rules they are supposed to follow.

The real title should have been "Restrictive and Bureaucratic US Immigration Laws that We Support have Backfired in an Unexpected Way...." or something like that.

But then you don't get to bash the liberals at DOS, and where is the fun in that?

Interesting that the conservative Rupert Murdoch owned New York Post chose to run this story as a sad tale of Department of State bureaucrats betraying the friends of America by making it too hard to immigrate....

when at the same time they are always railing about how we don't do enough to keep immigrants out and the State guys are just following the rules they are supposed to follow.

The real title should have been "Restrictive and Bureaucratic US Immigration Laws that We Support have Backfired in an Unexpected Way...." or something like that.

But then you don't get to bash the liberals at DOS, and where is the fun in that?

Yea, not being able to build strawmen, what a waste

Agree with your post there Predicto, an incredibly misleading title which DjTj, through his post, debunked very well

Its a shame Flash had to bring us in this direction

Archived