Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: What Should We do at WR?

SkinsAllDay34

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

IMO I think we should make a deal with our 2nd round pick with a late round pick or even our first because A. Mix is probably not the answer and drafting a WR could be risky with one of them turning into a bust.

So, let's see - you think trading away the horse and the plow will produce something wonderful for us?

:hammer: :cry:

Get the fu#k real! Why should we be a negoitiating tool for Randy Moss or whomever.

So, let's see - you think trading away the horse and the plow will produce something wonderful for us?

:hammer: :cry:

Get the fu#k real! Why should we be a negoitiating tool for Randy Moss or whomever.

Why should we risk taking Limas Sweed instead of a proven talent like Moss?

We should improve the situation, however the price of any player must be known. I can tell you I believe that 10 million a year for Moss is too much for me. Also Fitz has a 14 million dollar year coming to him, too much for me. Without price tags on the product how can you really choose?

wide receivers bust in the draft more than qbs do. i would rather trade that pick for a proven younger receiver than gamble on a new one. fitz or roy, if availilbe, but i agree that we should draft one before we take a chance on an older guy like chad :deal:

:dallasuck:gaintsuck:eaglesuck

How about we wait 1 year?

1. Trade down our #21 pick and get a second and third and get an O-line that can get a running game going at the same time they protect the QB and give him time to throw?

2. Let one year of dead cap money leave the books by avoiding the big paydays and let our cap get back to a manageable figure?

3. Give MIx one year to see if we already have that big receiver everyone wants?

At the end of that one year of patience we have a running game and protection for our QB. We have an OL that's good for the next 8 to 10 years. We have all of the dead money back that's good enough to go after an Ocho Ego or another Moss or whoever the latest hot receiver is.

I realize that would require patience. So I don't think it's going to happen. But what good is a wide open wide receiver with a QB buried under defensive linemen?

Where is Adarius Bowman slated to go in the draft?

With his poor performance at the Senior Bowl probably somewhere in the late 2nd to 3rd rounds...He definitely should be on our radar, I also like Marcus Smith out of New Mexico or Jerome Simpson out of Coastal Carolina...

wide receivers bust in the draft more than qbs do. i would rather trade that pick for a proven younger receiver than gamble on a new one. fitz or roy, if availilbe, but i agree that we should draft one before we take a chance on an older guy like chad :deal:

There are busts at every single position in the 1st round #1-#32. What research do you have that 1st round WRs are busts much more than other positions?

1. Trade down our #21 pick and get a second and third and get an O-line that can get a running game going at the same time they protect the QB and give him time to throw?

2. Let one year of dead cap money leave the books by avoiding the big paydays and let our cap get back to a manageable figure?

3. Give MIx one year to see if we already have that big receiver everyone wants?

At the end of that one year of patience we have a running game and protection for our QB. We have an OL that's good for the next 8 to 10 years. We have all of the dead money back that's good enough to go after an Ocho Ego or another Moss or whoever the latest hot receiver is.

I realize that would require patience. So I don't think it's going to happen. But what good is a wide open wide receiver with a QB buried under defensive linemen?

This actually a very good Idea...

The best option isn't even listed.

Sign DJ Hackett.

If DJ Hackett was on par with Randy Moss and Chad Johnson then its news to the entire NFL. No way is he even close to either of those players and if Zorn isn't going crazy to sign him that says something to me

If DJ Hackett was on par with Randy Moss and Chad Johnson then its news to the entire NFL. No way is he even close to either of those players and if Zorn isn't going crazy to sign him that says something to me

Also no other team is going anywhere near crazy to sign him either. Many other WRs have been picked up via FA and none of them are exactly elite talent. They are probably all concerned over him being so injury prone. Or maybe he just isn't all that good.

gladly; from 2000-2005 (i will solely look in the top 10 b/c thats where people expect the top talent to normally come from) the position drafted most is WR (13) with d-line coming in next with 12. of those WR i will consider 5 of them solid to above average talent, them being Braylon edwards, roy williams, larry fitz, plax, and andre johnson. that's 38% which is the lowest % of all of the other positions. :peaceout:

If we could vote on the next owner of the skins i would vote for you. This is a well thought out plan that would benift us for years to come.

My choice would be "None of the above" if it was available. If they don't sign DJ Hackett, they should draft a tall physical WR in the 3rd round.One of these guys should be available:

1.Jordy Nelson 6'2" 217,Kansas State

2.Paul Hubbard 6'2" 215,Wisconsin

3.William Franklin 6' 214,Missouri

4.DJ Hall 6'2" 193,Alabama

You're comparing apples and oranges, buddy. You can't compare Hackett to Moss or CJ without also taking into account their respective price tags. Hackett will probably be the best value of the 3.

Archived