Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Uncle Heatster 3 Round Mock:Would this Mock Draft upset Redskin Fans?

michael_33

Give me an offensive or defensive lineman in the first and third rounds and I'd be happy.

If the board fell the way he has it and the Redskins make the trade, this is what I'd do:

DT Balmer or OG Albert in the first

Chad Johnson trade in the 2nd

DE Jason Jones in the 3rd

I feel the same. I don't mind the trade, but the Phillips pick is terrible.

It looks like you spent a lot of time on this. Here are some of my thoughts:

1. I don't think that we spend our first round pick on another safety. I believe that we have more glaring needs like OT depth and DE. We have been hurt by injuries on the O-Line the last two years. Personally, I would take a hard look at the G from UVA, Brandon Albert as the closest thing to a sure thing available when we pick.

2. If we give up a 2nd and a future 1st for an aging WR that may or may not come in and cause problems here due to his love of the spotlight (and possible distraction from the team philosophy) I will go absolutely ballastic.

With talent available at #51 such as Tackle Gosder Cherilus, CB Branden Flowers and DEs Chris Ellis and Trevor Laws we would be foolish to make this trade.

the only thing I like about it this scenario is getting Demario Presley...I'm sick and tired of $nyderrato mortgaging the future and trading away draft picks (Seriously, Chad Johnson will cost too much and we've had enough of that recently with Lloyd and Archuletta).

If the D-Line gets some attention and can start putting pressure on a quarterback, Doughty (and the entire secondary) might start to look a lot better.

Is Chad Johson worth more than a second round draft pick? There is no doubt that he has been a superstar, but my argument would be that he was a second round draft choice in the first place # 36 overall in 2001. He is 30 years old, so the wear and tear on his body does not mean that he is more valuable today than he was in 2001. I think giving up a second round draft pick is a fair trade for a former second round draft pick who through the wear and tear of seven seasons has maintained his value, not increased it.

Archived