Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama Caught with Hand over Heart During National Anthem/Pledge of Allegiance

#98QBKiller

Hard to flip flop when you vote present 70% of the time.

You usually have to take a stand on something, before you can change sides.

Voting present is legit. It is used when you support a bill in general but dont want it to pass as is. It allows for more discussion by making it tougher to pass the bill but not outright shooting it down, its used as a way to force more discussion/revisions. It is also a way to avoid voting no on a bill named something ridiculous like "save the babies bill" while preventing it from passing.

So once again, my boy RP is the lesser evil, alright. Thanks 99.

Good site by the way.

No problem, I just want to prevent misinformation from getting into people's heads (like the 70% thing).

But as far as McCain goes, wasn't he really sick for a while which prevented him from casting votes?

I remember seeing the quote, here was his response.

http://www.anti-incumbents.com/obama/obama-not-muslin-and-does-salute-flag/

Obama says “My grandfather taught me how to say the Pledge of Allegiance when I was 2,” Obama said at campaign stop in Burlington, Iowa. “During the Pledge of Allegiance you put your hand over your heart. During the national anthem you sing.”[/QUOTE]

The man doesn't even know our countries laws.

I remember seeing the quote, here was his response.
http://www.anti-incumbents.com/obama/obama-not-muslin-and-does-salute-flag/

Obama says “My grandfather taught me how to say the Pledge of Allegiance when I was 2,” Obama said at campaign stop in Burlington, Iowa. “During the Pledge of Allegiance you put your hand over your heart. During the national anthem you sing.”[/QUOTE]

The man doesn't even know our countries laws.

There are laws about the pledge and the anthem?

No problem, I just want to prevent misinformation from getting into people's heads (like the 70% thing).

But as far as McCain goes, wasn't he really sick for a while which prevented him from casting votes?

I think you're right about Mc. Although that puts Obama at the top spot, so i'm not sure where you're going with this as a supporter.:D

I have to find out the link I saw the 70% at.

It wa passed as a law, however it is more of a code.

http://www.respecttheflag.com/The%20Flag%20Code.htm

I see. I think I would be in trouble too if this was actually enforced! Well, I personally feel like you should be able to show your respect to your country in a way you deem fitting so long as it isn't offensive, and Obama did nothing offensive. It's what he didn't do that is offending people here, and that's more a matter of expecting other people to adhere to your personal beliefs as opposed to expecting decency.

It's like when people pray over meals. I personally choose not to close my eyes or clasp my hands. I mean no disrespect to others, but that's not how I choose to show my thanks. I do not break into their prayer with my own thoughts nor do I do anything that prevents or alters their ritual, but at the same time I choose to simply remain sitting and wait for the people who are praying to finish, then I eat with them. I am of course thankful for the food, but I do not bless it the way they do.

In that way, Obama shows his faith to this country the way he was raised. He means no disrespect to the other people who happen to follow the code more closely, nor do his activities interfer with theirs, but he chooses to display his pride in his own way. Though it clashes with the code, I still find it to be respectful. It's better than him simply copying what is expected when that's not what he wants to do, right?

I see. I think I would be in trouble too if this was actually enforced! Well, I personally feel like you should be able to show your respect to your country in a way you deem fitting so long as it isn't offensive, and Obama did nothing offensive. It's what he didn't do that is offending people here, and that's more a matter of expecting other people to adhere to your personal beliefs as opposed to expecting decency.

It's like when people pray over meals. I personally choose not to close my eyes or clasp my hands. I mean no disrespect to others, but that's not how I choose to show my thanks. I do not break into their prayer with my own thoughts nor do I do anything that prevents or alters their ritual, but at the same time I choose to simply remain sitting and wait for the people who are praying to finish, then I eat with them. I am of course thankful for the food, but I do not bless it the way they do.

In that way, Obama shows his faith to this country the way he was raised. He means no disrespect to the other people who happen to follow the code more closely, nor do his activities interfer with theirs, but he chooses to display his pride in his own way. Though it clashes with the code, I still find it to be respectful. It's better than him simply copying what is expected when that's not what he wants to do, right?

:applause:

When I was in fourth grade, the Catholic church asked me to leave, so after some researching, the family became Quaker.

I no longer had to say the pledge in school and I thought it was great, so I stopped. I later learned about what it actually meant and that is why it's important to me.

Archived