Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wanted: HOF Riggins Mcfarlane figure

Walking Deadman

There will be a special Riggins Burgundy jersey version Mcfarlane figure available for purchase in Canton for the HOF ceremony.

http://www.spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=13318

Here's a picture of the figure and the story is in the above link.

other_jriggins-hof08_photo_01_dp.jpg

-WD

Edit: I have pre-ordered the figure through ebay however, there are other ESers listed below that are interested in picking an extra one up.

If you can't get the Burgundy one, you can always pre-order the white jersey one off of this site

http://www.mcfigures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=129_33_59128&products_id=66034

I've order various McFarlane pieces and they are real good about getting it out for you.

Yeah, I plan on getting the white (actually two: 1 for display and one to keep in package) I just wanted the variant as well.

Great, would you be able to make it to a ES tailgate to exchange the item?

I plan to be at all of the Redskins games this season (and hopefully the preseason games).

I'm guessing the figure probably won't be more than $15 (since the white jersey mass-market version is going for about $11-12).

not sure if im going to a game but i can probably get it to you through mail.

I know that it is at the hof, so no need to say canton. Do you know the specific location?

No sorry, I only know what the article in my OP said......they didn't give a location or a specific time. My guess would be during Saturday either at the HOF near it (NFL experience locale).

they are only selling those in Canton?

Probably, Mcfarlane does this during the Superbowl, World Series and All-Star games.....IF there are any leftovers; they'd probably be sold on spawn.com's online store but I doubt there will be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Another article on the Riggins figure:

http://www.spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=13369

MCFARLANE TOYS TO ATTEND 2008 PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME

Exclusive John Riggins Repaint Figure Available Only in Canton

May 16, 2008

Copyright 2008 TMP International, Inc.

From Friday, Aug. 1 through Sunday, Aug. 3, McFarlane Toys will make its fourth consecutive appearance at the 2008 Pro Football Hall of Fame (HOF) inductions in Canton, Ohio, offering an exclusive figure at the event: a special repaint of Washington Redskins legend John Riggins from NFL Legends 4. The figure will retail for $15.

Exhibit hours and our booth number will be announced closer to the event.

Two of the Redskins' all-time greats, Darrell Green and Art Monk, as well Emmitt Thomas (who served both as a player and assistant coach for Washington from 1986-1994), will be inducted into the Pro Football HOF on Saturday, Aug. 2, along will Fred Dean, Andre Tippett and Gary Zimmerman.

The 2008 Redskins will kick off the new NFL pre-season on Sunday, Aug. 3 in Canton's "Pro Football Hall of Fame Game" vs. the Indianapolis Colts.

For more information on the Canton event, visit www.profootballhof.com.

Well,

That's why I started the thread.....I want one :) and I figured that many of my fellow ESers would want one also.

Granted, there is going to be a mass market Riggo figure out later this year in the white jersey ($10.95 + shipping at Mcfigures in the below link)

http://www.mcfigures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=129_33_59128&products_id=66034

But I'd like to have the variant and it's a nice looking figure to go with my other Redskin Mcfarlanes.

Spawn.com did say that as we get closer to the HOF, that they will announce where they will be and when the figures will be on sale.

I will post that on this thread whenever I find out.

Archived