Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do the Redskin trade...........

Fred Smoot or another expendable player for one of the Raiders first round picks?

Maybe same scenario with a team picking 25-32?

I couldnt see Dan Snyder not drafting a first round player.

On another note, if we offered this to the Jets, why wouldnt we offer this to the Bills for Price?

Did Dan do this to make sure the Jets couldnt keep Morton and Coles, leaving one of them for us?

I don't understand why we would go after Coles and give up our first rounder this year, could we give up our first next year?

Could we have made a deal with the Jets for our 1st rounder for Morton and Coles?

Whats going on?

Originally posted by Smoot21

Fred Smoot or another expendable player for one of the Raiders first round picks?

Maybe same scenario with a team picking 25-32?

I couldnt see Dan Snyder not drafting a first round player.

On another note, if we offered this to the Jets, why wouldnt we offer this to the Bills for Price?

Did Dan do this to make sure the Jets couldnt keep Morton and Coles, leaving one of them for us?

I don't understand why we would go after Coles and give up our first rounder this year, could we give up our first next year?

Could we have made a deal with the Jets for our 1st rounder for Morton and Coles?

Whats going on?

Well as far as taking Coles over Price goes, remember that Price was the #2 WR behind Eric Moldes with the Bills, and some people think he could end up being another Alvin Harper-type WR: a good #2 guy but not as effective as a team's #1.

Coles was the Jets #1 WR last year and still had 89 catches for over 1200 yards. Teamed up with Rod Gardener will make him that much better. Remember in NY the other 2 top WRs were 5'9" Santana Moss and 5'10" Wayne Crebet(not sure if i spelled that right).

I think people are getting way to comfortable around here that Fred Smoot is safe.

I could very easily see us dealing him to get back in the first round. The man has some value. Especially considering that the FA market for Corners has completely dried up.

I would like to keep him, but if the FO is hell bent on dealing the guy, I just hope they don't get desperate. Like dealing him even up for the #31 or #32. Or packaging our 3rd and Smoot for like the 18th pick just to get him off our hands. :gus:

Coles is a restricted free agent. We have to give him a first this year. We don't have the option to wait a year. I think Smoot is now safe. I doubt we move into the first to take a mid-20s defensive lineman. I could see us doing that for a receiver but not a lineman.

CAn anyone figure out why we ever even considered parting with Smoot? He had a bad year, and in some circles he is vastly over-rated...BUT, we have no viable alternative. He is solid for a #2 corner and we have NO ONE else. Bauman is 5'8" and even younger...

The whole thing never made sense to me.

Archived