Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My top 10 worst DC sports moments

Ji

Whiney fans consumed with Snyder envy contantly reminding everyone that they are whiney fans consumed with Snyder envy.

It has nothing to do with "Snyder envy" than it does with the team's 70-79 record, the parade of coaches, the misfiring on free agents, poor drafts, one playoff win and the overall embarrassments this franchise has seen during his tenure. Are you REALLY satisfied with all of that?

Are you REALLY satisfied with all of that?

Of course not. But since there isn't a damn thing I can do about, I can't see the point of ****ing about it every second of every day. Of course, those that do, have every right to.

Of course not. But since there isn't a damn thing I can do about, I can't see the point of ****ing about it every second of every day. Of course, those that do, have every right to.

Given that a LOT of the hard-earned money of fans like you and me go into his pockets, I think we have a right to express whether or not we're happy with the direction of the franchise. Just like you have a right to stay silent about it all, I have the same right to express my frustration. I'm sorry you don't like reading about it, but I'm not sorry about the way I feel.

I might also add that, because the backlash from fans was so strong when he originally planned to named Jim Fassel as the next head coach, he went back to the drawing board. So that proves that b****ing may do some good.

1) Len Bias' death

2) Sean Taylor's death

3) The second time the Senators left

4) 38-9

5) Michael Jordan's disgraceful exit and feud with Pollin

6) 17-0

7) The Damon Jones three

8) Webber trade

9) Esa Tikkanen

10) The botched field goal versus Tampa Bay in the Playoffs

Given that a LOT of the hard-earned money of fans like you and me go into his pockets, I think we have a right to express whether or not we're happy with the direction of the franchise. Just like you have a right to stay silent about it all, I have the same right to express my frustration. I'm sorry you don't like reading about it, but I'm not sorry about the way I feel.
I can't see the point of ****ing about it every second of every day. Of course, those that do, have every right to.

Reading is fundamental.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I might also add that, because the backlash from fans was so strong when he originally planned to named Jim Fassel as the next head coach, he went back to the drawing board. So that proves that b****ing may do some good.

And this based on what you THINK you know, correct? Or do you have Snyder and Cerrato on tape?

Looks like you have a little trouble with premature ejacu...er um, evaluation. :silly:

Reading is fundamental.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And this based on what you THINK you know, correct? Or do you have Snyder and Cerrato on tape?

Looks like you have a little trouble with premature ejacu...er um, evaluation. :silly:

First of all, the above comment was totally uncalled for. Just because we disagree on this issue doesn't give you the right to insult me.

Secondly, it's been reported by different news agencies that the backlash of anger from fans that took place when Jim Fassel's name first came up made Snyder re-evaluate his decision and conduct more interviews.

Again, your comment was unnecessary. You're 48 years old. Act like it.

1. The murder of Sean Taylor

2. The death of Len Bias

3. The first retirement of Joe Gibbs

4. Super Bowl XVIII

5. Daniel Snyder named owner of the Washington Redskins.

6. Senator's exit #2

7. The hiring, and continuing employment, of Vinny Cerrato

8. Michael Jordan's exit

9. Losing to Giants 17-0 in NFC Championship Game

10. The breaking of Joey T's right leg

Len Bias death is so true. Sean Taylors death affected Redskins fans in the area. Len Bias death affected the whole nation.

I wouldn't say his death affected the whole nation. Yes, it was tragic. He never played a single game as a pro; heck he could have been a NBA bust.

I wouldn't say his death affected the whole nation. Yes, it was tragic. He never played a single game as a pro; heck he could have been a NBA bust.

I don't know about that. Getting to learn from the likes of Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Robert Parrish would have been a stepping stone VERY few #2 overall picks get to enjoy. Bird even told Red Auerback that he'd come to rookie camp if he drafted Len Bias. I get the feeling, had he lived, Bird would have ENSURED Bias' NBA legacy.

1. The murder of Sean Taylor

2. The death of Len Bias

3. The first retirement of Joe Gibbs

4. Super Bowl XVIII

5. Daniel Snyder named owner of the Washington Redskins.

6. Senator's exit #2

7. The hiring, and continuing employment, of Vinny Cerrato

8. Michael Jordan's exit

9. Losing to Giants 17-0 in NFC Championship Game

10. The breaking of Joey T's right leg

How does this a disappointment when you were only a baby? I was 4 when the Senators left and I cannot remember a damn thing about them.

1) Len Bias' death

2) Sean Taylor's death

3) The second time the Senators left

4) 38-9

5) Michael Jordan's disgraceful exit and feud with Pollin

6) 17-0

7) The Damon Jones three

8) Webber trade

9) Esa Tikkanen

10) The botched field goal versus Tampa Bay in the Playoffs

And you weren't even born when they left.

1. ST death

2. the hire of Jim Fassel (if and when it happens)

3. Terps losing in final four to duke after being up 20 at halftime

4. Jeffery Maier

5. losing to seattle twice in 3 years in the playoffs

6. Bullets changing their name

7. Skins blowing the game against the giants this season which led them to win the superbowl

8. Angelos being a pos

First of all, the above comment was totally uncalled for. Just because we disagree on this issue doesn't give you the right to insult me.

Secondly, it's been reported by different news agencies that the backlash of anger from fans that took place when Jim Fassel's name first came up made Snyder re-evaluate his decision and conduct more interviews.

Again, your comment was unnecessary. You're 48 years old. Act like it.

Not sure what comment you're talking about. If it's the "Reading is fundamental" comment, I was merely pointing out that I had already acknowledged in my statement...
I can't see the point of ****ing about it every second of every day. Of course, those that do, have every right to.

...that those ****ing and moaning had every right to do so. Yet you still felt it necessary to tell me what I had already said, as if you were telling me about the invention of the wheel.

Given that a LOT of the hard-earned money of fans like you and me go into his pockets, I think we have a right to express whether or not we're happy with the direction of the franchise. Just like you have a right to stay silent about it all, I have the same right to express my frustration.

Duh!

If it was the play on words comment, "premature ejacu...er um, evaluation", I would simply point out that I put the "silly" smiley at the end of it, so as to signify that it was a JOKE! Didn't think you'd be so sensitive.

Golly gee. You were 10 thirty years ago. Act like it. :silly:

I was actually at the PG mall when Len Bia's brother Jay was shot and killed. They said that his last words were the Lord's Prayer. I just remember the family on TV just looking like they lost everything and didnt even care any more. 2 kids in a matter of a few years would do that to anyone.

Back to the original topic, I'm a little surprised so many in this thread consider the deaths of Sean Taylor and Len Bias to be "sports moments". I realize their loss affected their respective teams, I just wouldn't include them here.

Just me I guess.

How does this a disappointment when you were only a baby? I was 4 when the Senators left and I cannot remember a damn thing about them.

And you weren't even born when they left.

I was just saying the Top 10 worst moments for the city in general. I wasn't around for 17-0 or 38-9, either. Chill, brother.

I was just saying the Top 10 worst moments for the city in general. I wasn't around for 17-0 or 38-9, either. Chill, brother.

That's what I figured you were getting at, but the topic said "my" and I was thinking along the lines of what I was disappointed in as a fan. Don't worry, I'm chilled :cheers:

That's what I figured you were getting at, but the topic said "my" and I was thinking along the lines of what I was disappointed in as a fan. Don't worry, I'm chilled :cheers:

Good deal. You're right, I was a bit off topic kind of sort of. :cheers:

I think Washington getting another baseball team, after giving their last team away via non-support, was bad. They don't deserve it. I do acknowledge, however, that for baseball, it was the only place the Expos had to go.

Likewise, Baltimore, getting another football team after forcing the Colts to leave, because of non-support, was bad too.

Which means, the birth of Raven fans has to be one of the top ten worst moments, EVER! Not just for dc, but for football fans everywhere.

Archived