Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL NETWORK SCHEFTER- G.WILLIAMS TO COWBOYS Segment?

RyansRangers

irrelevent to me...JG's wouldn't become a Cowboy even if he was offered the world on a platter

True. But Joe Gibbs is in a very different place in his NFL coaching career than is Gregg Williams.

Joe has 3 SB victories and is in the HOF and is happy to do the NASCAR thing.

GW is hungry for a piece of what JG has already obtained. I would hate to see him go to the Cowpukes, but wouldn't begrudge him for making any career move he feels is best for him. :2cents:

Why would you loose all respect for him? He was not given a fair shake for the HC job in Washington.

It's a business and he needs to do what's best for him and his family.

Some of the posters on this board are so nieve.

The only way I could see him going to Dallas is to slap Snyder in the face. I agree with you that Williams needs to do what is best for himself and his family though. I hope he is successful wherever he goes, even if it's the Cowgirls. The guy really grew on me and I am a believer in tough love coaches.

The only way I could see him going to Dallas is to slap Snyder in the face. I agree with you that Williams needs to do what is best for himself and his family though. I hope he is successful wherever he goes, even if it's the Cowgirls. The guy really grew on me and I am a believer in tough love coaches.

I posted this in another thread but I will say it again....

Dallas is grooming Garrett to be the HC, possibly as soon as next season. We all know Phillips will be let go at some point. It was obvious Phillips needs to concentrate on running the overall team, opening the door for GW.

It would be super smart to bring on GW, who is the top available DC right now. Garrett and GW could use this year to develop cohesion.

Hiring GW would fill a need for the present as well as the future.

My point in comparing JG's is that he is a true Redskin to the core. Look people, if you can see yourself or any Redskin switching to a Cowboy uniform as "no big deal"...thats your problem. This is something that is off the table in my mind. The Cowboys equal football enemy #1.

My point in comparing JG's is that he is a true Redskin to the core. Look people, if you can see yourself or any Redskin switching to a Cowboy uniform as "no big deal"...thats your problem. This is something that is off the table in my mind. The Cowboys equal football enemy #1.

I would be interested to know if you were a "Redskin" fan during the Norv years or did you make the same stand as you are now?

Fans take team rivalries more serious than players and coaches. To them it is a business to us fans it is a lifetime commitment.

That's how Norv can become the Skin's coach against fan opposition, Porter can go from Pitt to Mia, BMitch to NYG and PHI. The list is a lot longer but most of you will get the point.

Loyalty to a team is for fans!!!!

I would be interested to know if you were a "Redskin" fan during the Norv years or did you make the same stand as you are now?

Son, I have been a Redskin fan since the days of George Allen, shedding tears through the bad years and rejoicing in the good. I couldn't stop being a Redskin fan even if I wanted to...its in my blood.

Fans take team rivalries more serious than players and coaches. To them it is a business to us fans it is a lifetime commitment.

That's how Norv can become the Skin's coach against fan opposition, Porter can go from Pitt to Mia, BMitch to NYG and PHI. The list is a lot longer but most of you will get the point.

Loyalty to a team is for fans!!!!

couldn't agree more. although, there was a time like during JG's 1 that loyalty was more common amongst players & coaches, blame it on the salary cap I guess

Son, I have been a Redskin fan since the days of George Allen, shedding tears through the bad years and rejoicing in the good. I couldn't stop being a Redskin fan even if I wanted to...its in my blood.

I feel what your saying though, we all hate the cowboys, but to jump on Williams because he might go there i think he has that right and although alot of fans might hate him for it i think they understand it.

couldn't agree more. although, there was a time like during JG's 1 that loyalty was more common amongst players & coaches, blame it on the salary cap I guess

You are correct. Up to the 1990's, before FA, loyalty was big amongst the players. I can remember 'Hollywood' Henderson going public for his hatred for the Skins.

Now, it's all about who will pay you the biggest signing bonus. If contracts ever become guaranteed, then and only then will loyalty be considered. The days of 5'8" corners playing 20 yrs for a team are a thing of the past.

Congrats to Art Monk and Darrell Green. Art should have been in a long time ago.

irrelevent to me...JG's wouldn't become a Cowboy even if he was offered the world on a platter

You know they're in totally different situations. Joe Gibbs is a Redskins legend. He was given his first head coaching job by the Redskins. He spent over a decade with the team and won 3 Super Bowls becoming almost the equivalent of a King among Redskin fans. You can't compare that to a coach who was here 4 years and was fired even after he coached well.

If GW goes to Dallas I'd be happy with that...B/c his defenses are pretty vanilla, his blitzes are predictable and only come off the edge, He doesn't disguise coverage, and he doesn't believe in pass rush...:D

You're just kidding right?

Have you guys been around the past few weeks? Seriously. The man was treated like a $2 prostitute by the skins. I am pretty sure he does not give a **** about Snyder, the team or our fans. The man is probably pissed, and has every right to be.

How can him coaching at Dallas have anything to do with loyalty when we bent him over the way we did?

Have you been around the past few weeks? Seriously. The man was treated like a $2 prostitute by the skins. I am pretty sure he does not give a **** about Joe Gibbs, Snyder or our fans. The man is probably pissed, and has every right to be.

He had to appreciate all the support from the fans. I don't see how he couldn't.

If GW does go to the Cowboys, I will lose ALL respect for him. Any long time Redskin, who switches to become a Cowboy, is nothing more than mercenary.

Joe Gibbs would never even entertain such an idea, no matter how big the paycheck.

Your kidding right?

If there are only 32 teams to work for and you get fired from one, you mean to tell me GW should exclude the Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles from his list just because? :rolleyes:

As for Gibbs, he did entertain the idea... he talked with Atlanta prior to coming back to the Skins.

I hate the Cowpukes. I mean I absolutely hate them. It's not that it would be "no big deal" if GW went there. I already said I wouldn't like it. But nor would I blame him if he felt that was the best move for him.

Capice?

I feel what your saying though, we all hate the cowboys, but to jump on Williams because he might go there i think he has that right and although alot of fans might hate him for it i think they understand it.

I'm just speaking from the heart....GW's spent 4 years sweating with the anti Cowboy Joe Jackson Gibbs...and on a dime he switches to the enemy camp? Was all his, "we hate the Cowboys" talk simly lip service? I guess so IF he takes a job with them. Yes, Greg got shafted by Snyder, but in my mind the thought of him becoming a Cowboy, is something that makes my blood boil. I respect many of the Cowboy players of past and present, but they remain the enemy when they step onto a football field. I do not want to become like the fair weather fans of today, who care nothing about tradition.

Archived