Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dummies lining up in the cold for $230 Air Jordans

Thanos

Again, if any of you have ever spent money on jerseys, then you need not talk. If you can't understand why people enjoy shoes so much that's fine. For you, you may feel like it's not worth it, or feel that you can get knockoffs that accomplish the same thing for you, that's fine ... for you. But I can tell you, there are definitely people out there who look at their shoes as a piece of art, some even have a nostalgic value for them.

Nike has definitely been one of the pioneers in sneaker fashion and culture, even though they are one of the younger sneaker makers out there. They've done a great job of coming out with styles that capture the style of the times.

SMS,

Nike was very late into the sneaker game.They got over with celebrity endorsements.

Hell I love my first pair of Dr. J's that I had to work, save and beg mom and Dad for back in 77 for the then outrageous price of $35.00

Anyone who camps out for several days for some sneakers ,no matter their intenetions have priority issues.Its just a part of the "velvet rope" mentality that corporete America via the hip hop world has unleased.

SMS,

Nike was very late into the sneaker game.They got over with celebrity endorsements.

Hell I love my first pair of Dr. J's that I had to work, save and beg mom and Dad for back in 77 for the then outrageous price of $35.00

Anyone who camps out for several days for some sneakers ,no matter their intenetions have priority issues.Its just a part of the "velvet rope" mentality that corporete America via the hip hop world has unleased.

Nike did get quite a few celebrity endorsements, but aside from that they've done a damn good job of coming up with styles and colorways that catch people's eye. Moreso than Adidas, Converse and Reebok.

Again, I would probably never sit in line for multiple days for much of anything. But to say that it's because of the hip hop world is pretty funny, because people do the same thing for plenty of other items, not just shoes, completely unrelated to hip-hop.

I can see what you're saying about priority issues. But that's not unlike anything else. People have priorities mixed up, so what? Hell, at least from reading the article the people who have been waiting in line for these shoes seem to be fairly successful to the point where they can afford these shoes is they want them.

Dummies?

Says the people who pay upwards of $250 for a jersey.

I say to each his own. I'm a bit of a sneakerhead myself and can understand why someone would pay such a price for a pair of sneakers. Especially considering that there will only be 23. Give it a few years and you'll see these shoes selling for over $2000.

You can buy an authentic jersey for $60 on eBay. Paying $230 for shoes or $250 for a jersey qualifies as dummy IMO.

Archived