Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Better or Worse without Saunders if we keep GW

The Fourth King

I don't think this has been specifically addressed yet. If we were to keep GW (please jebus), would you rather have Zorn or Saunders at OC? Saunders has never gelled well supposedly, but then again I don't know ANYTHING about Jim Zorn. Saunders' system has not been the best so far, but we also know it takes time to develop.

Seeing that Al is halfway out the door, will we be better or worse without him?

Don't turn this into a Fassell thread, because we all know which side of the argument we'll be going to then.

My main hope thru this whole thing is that we keep Saunders. I actually think I cared more about that than who the HC was.

The funny thing is, I'm starting to agree. WE have a talented team that a good DC can keep a top 10 or even top 5 D. But offense is young, and still talented. They need to be groomed though. A premiere offense is extremely difficult to learn.

The best thing Snyder is doing right now is getting rid of Saunders. No question about that. Everyone seems to forget the run we went on late in '05 when we were running and passing the ball very well while racking up 30 plus points a game at times. That team was finally getting the Gibbs system. Then in comes Saunders and thud.

Everyone wanted to blame Gibbs for our offensive woes, but it was Saunders who called the plays.

Maybe our personnel doesn't match Saunders's system, but either way, Saunders has to go. My belief is that Zorn is an upgrade due to addition by subtraction if nothing else.

Hail,

H

Archived