Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What doesn't make sense with hiring Jim Fassel (MET)

gobigred

I was reading some threads and I thought about a few things that don't make sense.

1) If we have no interest in Greg Williams why have we not terminated his

contract or any of the other coaches.

2) Why is it that every time there is a interview that person becomes the front runner.

3) Why is it taking so long to make a decision

4) Vinny finally has a title (humm)

I believe a decison will not be made until after the Super Bowl and I believe it will be the OC from New England or the DC for thr Giants. I believe this because McDaniels has coached under a winning program for a while and is the guy I believe he is who they want and or just interviewing just in case he says not interested, then they can make a move I believe Vinny getting a title was to deal with the personal issues, ex FA on team draft evaluations etc. I can't see Fassel just don't make sense unless for OC with Williams being HC. I think they decided we know what we what we have to wait to get McDaniels position but can't talk until after the Super Bowl so lets put a plan B in place just in case. This is fustrating and I hope in the end we will be happy with the decision.

1) Because we do still have interest and I don't think anything is decided for sure just yet.

2) Because the media is sensationalist and Dan Synder and Vinny Cerrato aren't telling them anything so they just make up headlines out of thin air, off of the opinions of dubious sources or even off of speculation from ES.

3) I don't know what Synder is doing. GW should have been named as soon as we fulfilled the Rooney Rule and Al Saunders should have been assured of his job for the upcoming season. At first I thought Dan Synder was trying to be thorough in the hopes that he found himself a diamond in the rough but now I think he just doesn't know what to do because he doesn't like any of the options apparently.

4) Good for Vinny...the title don't mean jack when Snyder's running the whole show personally anyway.

McDaniels is NOT leaving NE under any circumstances...he's pretty much stated so. Why the hell would he? He's got a chance to run the best offense in the history of the NFL and ride Tom Brady and Randy Moss to the history books and then go out on his own to be a HC wherever he wants at whatever price he names.

Spagnuolo is a possibility I suppose but I'd prefer GW myself. And I'd definitely take Al Saunders over Fassel (probably over McDaniels too). Gibbs needs to call Snyder up and set him straight. GW and Al Saunders are two of the best coordinators in the league. That is a luxury you can't afford to just throw away for Jim goddamn Fassel!

My theory;

The Dan loves Fassel. He liked him 4 years ago and still likes him. God knows why.

The Dan wants to retain GW as the DC. He has met with him four times to try to keep him around because he knows that he has a good defensive mind and that the players like him. GW is not real tickled with remaining DC because he had hopes of being the HC but he is not getting much attention from other teams and is taking his time to decide (reason for the 4 meetings)

The Dan does not care for Saunders. The Dan and Fassel will bring in a new OC possibly Zorn.

Hope I am wrong about Fassel.

1) Because we do still have interest and I don't think anything is decided for sure just yet.

2) Because the media is sensationalist and Dan Synder and Vinny Cerrato aren't telling them anything so they just make up headlines out of thin air, off of the opinions of dubious sources or even off of speculation from ES.

3) I don't know what Synder is doing. GW should have been named as soon as we fulfilled the Rooney Rule and Al Saunders should have been assured of his job for the upcoming season. At first I thought Dan Synder was trying to be thorough in the hopes that he found himself a diamond in the rough but now I think he just doesn't know what to do because he doesn't like any of the options apparently.

4) Good for Vinny...the title don't mean jack when Snyder's running the whole show personally anyway.

McDaniels is NOT leaving NE under any circumstances...he's pretty much stated so. Why the hell would he? He's got a chance to run the best offense in the history of the NFL and ride Tom Brady and Randy Moss to the history books and then go out on his own to be a HC wherever he wants at whatever price he names.

Spagnuolo is a possibility I suppose but I'd prefer GW myself. And I'd definitely take Al Saunders over Fassel (probably over McDaniels too). Gibbs needs to call Snyder up and set him straight. GW and Al Saunders are two of the best coordinators in the league. That is a luxury you can't afford to just throw away for Jim goddamn Fassel!

I say McDaniels because he is primed to be a HC he has been in the league 7 years and also coached both side of the ball, He started out breaking down film and has been to the Super Bowl 4 out of seven years on a team that could very well go undefeated something not done in your lifetime. He is ready, let's just hope that Vinny and Dan understands you have to pick a apple off that tree if you can Willams and Fassel are not going anywhere. If an announcement is not made by Friday I believe that is the plan. Fassel is plan B what other reason would you be interviewing Jim Zorn. You interview everyone until the big fish is there if he says no you already have your plan B in place. Only thing that makes sense

My theory;

The Dan loves Fassel. He liked him 4 years ago and still likes him. God knows why.

The Dan wants to retain GW as the DC. He has met with him four times to try to keep him around because he knows that he has a good defensive mind and that the players like him. GW is not real tickled with remaining DC because he had hopes of being the HC but he is not getting much attention from other teams and is taking his time to decide (reason for the 4 meetings)

The Dan does not care for Saunders. The Dan and Fassel will bring in a new OC possibly Zorn.

Hope I am wrong about Fassel.

I agree. Where is Gregg going to go and make head coach money at this point of the season with no vacancies. I just hope he is professional if he is snubbed and I think he will be. His bi weekly paychecks should demand it, I wish my job would bruise my ego like that.

I say McDaniels because he is primed to be a HC he has been in the league 7 years and also coached both side of the ball, He started out breaking down film and has been to the Super Bowl 4 out of seven years on a team that could very well go undefeated something not done in your lifetime. He is ready, let's just hope that Vinny and Dan understands you have to pick a apple off that tree if you can Willams and Fassel are not going anywhere. If an announcement is not made by Friday I believe that is the plan. Fassel is plan B what other reason would you be interviewing Jim Zorn. You interview everyone until the big fish is there if he says no you already have your plan B in place. Only thing that makes sense

I'm not saying McDaniels isn't ready or wouldn't be good. I'm saying he is NOT going to be our coach this year and there can be no debate about that. Here is an ESPN article stating that he has declined interviews from the Ravens and Falcons for the HC job and has said that he is not pursuing any opportunities to be a HC in 2008: ESPN Article.

Archived