Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How much of a stretch would this be??

Arnok Vanquish

In all honesty, I would like to see GW get the job, if he does, anyone know the chances of Al Saunders leaving?? Well IF he were to, how about Todd Collins as offensive coordinator?? I know Brunell probably is gone, and Collins easily could give us another year of solid back-up QB play, but I think it would be rather interesting.

Also, I really would not want a one year lame duck coach in there to wait for Bill Cowher because I will never relate Cowher with Redskins, only Cowher with Steelers. I guess maybe I am just getting my 2 cents in and giving you all something else to read while we continue to search for what I believe SHOULD be consistency and continuity. Jason Campbell can be and will be a very solid maybe even Super Bowl QB, IF he can actually learn and build on one single offense instead of learning new ones every year!!

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I got NNT'd for less than this

Edit: EXACTLY - you contributed LESS than this in your last thread.

well he is actually making a suggestion as to if Saunders were to leave. Your last thread asked if Saunders is gone but then talked about fassell is the leading candidate which there were already numerous threads on the subject.

Personally my first reaction to the idea of Collins as an OC made me :laugh:, But as I type who better then a backup coach who did nothing but memorize saunders playbook for 10 years and who has gotten to actually execute it and knows what to tweak.

I think collins as an OC could work but NOT for the skins.

This is going to sound rude but I think Collins as OC is a horrible idea.

We have an experienced, proven OC in Al Saunders. Collins has never coached at any level in his life. He is a career backup QB (Yes I've heard of Jason Garrett). If he were to coach, it would likely be the same style of offense as Al Saunders, as that is what he has known and performed under the majority of his career. So we would basically be replacing a proven and talent OC whose philosophy may not fit with our team, with an unproven rookie coach who would likely coach that same philosophy. I don't see any improvement.

My only opinion really or "hope" I was trying to suggest by starting this thread was the fact that if we get any other coach besides GW or Saunders, we're most likely looking at Jason Campbell learning another new offense, and in all honesty, and again, in MY opinion, that WILL be a step back for this team, which I believe is obvious. It is a no-brainer that Campbell has a wickedly strong arm, and to see him being able to run this same offense that Collins ran for 4 weeks, only throwing in the deep ball, would be very comfortable to me.

I doubt that will happen if GW and Al leaves. And yes, Collins as QB coach would do quite nicely, again, anything to keep the continuity for Jason.

Damn! Todd Collins comes on in relief of Jason Campbell and does a good job. Now some folks are suggesting he start, become offensive coordinator, and gosh knows what else. First of all, I don't think the NFL regularly, if ever, hires offensive coordinators with absolutely no coaching experience. Secondly, TC has already expressed a desire to play next year, if not in Washington, then somewhere he has a chance to compete for the starting QB position. I'll be willing to bet coaching has never crossed his mind.

Archived