Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thomas Boswell must feel like a complete idiot today

Ji

I'm a big fan of Boswell's. He's probably the best sports columnist in DC.

Part of what makes him great is that he will put his neck out. The lesson to be taken from this is that Gibbs gave no indication to anyone about this decision beforehand. Even Boswell who has indeed had a good read of Gibbs from the get-go got this wrong.

Guest Rafterman
Really? The FACTS are that we had SIX of our original starting 22 go down with season-ending injuries (including the murder of our best player), and we still made the playoffs. And that's having played the second-toughest schedule in the league.

Meanwhile, I hear Dallas fans saying "If we don't have TO we're cooked." And he's just ONE player.

The fact is, Gibbs is gone. Anyone who was paying attention knew he would be.

Like Jerry Glanville was fond of saying, "NFL stands for Not For Long."

The fact is, Gibbs is gone. Anyone who was paying attention knew he would be.

Like Jerry Glanville was fond of saying, "NFL stands for Not For Long."

That being you?

Let's see your pre-retirement posts to that effect.

WTF is wrong with you people disrespecting Boswell with such venom

he's a life long Washingtonian and the best Skins/Nats writer our region has to offer

anyone who puts their balls on the line is bound to get burned from time to time..

it's a shame back seat driving douche bags feel the need to flame

I'm a big fan of Boswell's. He's probably the best sports columnist in DC.

Part of what makes him great is that he will put his neck out. The lesson to be taken from this is that Gibbs gave no indication to anyone about this decision beforehand. Even Boswell who has indeed had a good read of Gibbs from the get-go got this wrong.

He is the best sports columnist for the Post, hands down.

It is to his credit that he is willing to put himself on the line.

WTF is wrong with you people disrespecting Boswell with such venom

he's a life long Washingtonian and the best Skins/Nats writer our region has to offer

anyone who puts their balls on the line is bound to get burned from time to time..

it's a shame back seat driving douche bags feel the need to flame

It's not that I hate Boswell.

Actually I read him all the time. It's just gallows humor with his prediction of a win in Seattle (he almost bet his house on it), and his firm convections Gibbs would be back next year.

As someone else pointed out, he is one writer who will willingly admit that he made a mistake, and is very clear regarding the line between his reporting and his opinions.

Archived