Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone know anything about WR Bruce Hocker

BALLz

I'd like to see us re-sign Caldwell' date=' make Lloyd a June 1st cut and go with five WR's next year. The other four being Moss, Randel-El, Thrash and Mix. MAYBE go with 6 if Espy shows a full recovery or just put him on the PS and hope nobody picks him up.[/quote']

Lets face it, Thrash's biggest asset is his special teams play. And with the Mix playing as well as he is on ST i think Thrash is expendable. And we still know nothing about Mix as a reciever.

Lets face it, Thrash's biggest asset is his special teams play. And with the Mix playing as well as he is on ST i think Thrash is expendable. And we still know nothing about Mix as a reciever.
Don't ever tell Joe Gibbs that James Thrash is expendable, he'll scowl you out of the building. I just think that at this point Reche Caldwell and his abnormally large eyeballs are a better option than a rookie as a #3WR. Now, if he(Hocker) is an UDFA and WANTS to come here to battle for a spot, all the better, I don't want us using a pick on a WR.

I would like to see us draft 2 big possession receivers, one somewhat high round, one late roll the dicer. We need red zone production, and a true number one. Moss is too injury prone, not saying cut him, but we need a true number one to step in when he is out, or in 3-4 receiver sets.

This is our WR corps as it currently stands for 2008 and their cap #'s:

Moss(5.883)

Randle-El(4.153)

*Lloyd(4.238)

Thrash(.930)

Mix(.370)

Espy(.445)

Harris(.370)

Toler(PS)

IMO, the best way to replace Lloyd is with someone who has already proven he fits well into this system and has produced despite limited opportunites. That's Caldwell. A rookie could end up anywhere on that depth chart, whereas we know that Caldwell can hold his own as #3, as he has shown the last month.

Obviously keep Moss and Randle El. Next we gotta hope Caldwell doesn't try to test free agency and wants to stay here. He's earned a decent sized contract that will pay him an average of 1-1.5 million a year for about 3 seasons. On top, we also should draft a rookie WR who we can groom at 4/5 along with Mix. Rookie may later top out as a #2 guy which wouldn't be a problem.

Thrash will most likely end up staying, but he may want to retire soon too. However, Trash, while earning his spot as a special teamer, is also a solid #3/4 WR option overall. Caldwell has been taking that spot as of late. McCardell will probably retire.

That means:

Moss

Randle El

Caldwell

Rookie

Mix

Thrash (unless he retires)

Archived