Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An Apology to Coach Saunders

ManleyMann7271

I'll be honest with you - I'm quick to label people busts, something I picked up from my dad and my grandfather (on my mom's side). Taylor Jacobs, McCune, Archuleta I had a feeling would do bad. I dont like Leinart, Young is overrated, but even with my homer glasses off, I cant seem to say that Jason is a bust or will be one...check with me in three years.

Exactly. I'm just getting tired of reading that JC is the 'future' and soon to be an All-Pro. How can anyone say that right now with any degree of certainty?

I think he will be on another team in 3 years. I have no proof of that. It's just a feeling. And it is no more right or wrong than someone saying that he is a future Hall of Famer.

Who the hell knows?

• 3 weeks later...
I need to man up and apologize to the Coach. Not Coach Gibbs, to whom I have remained loyal through good and bad, but Coach Saunders, in whom I had no faith and did not understand why he was hired. I never believed that Gibbs' offense was antiquated, it took us into the playoffs in 2005.

But seeing the Redskins play now with a QB that knows the system better than anyone, I can see that it was more of Cambell's, whom I love, inexperience with the offensive scheme.

Todd Collins has done a phenominal job running this offense for the last qtr of the season and I think it is good for Jason to see this, he can learn a lot.

So, I'm sorry Coach Saunders, where ever you are! Good luck in the playoffs!

:cheers:

I take it all back, I obviously spoke too soon

Archived