Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Need A New Job-More help needed from Charlotte ESers!

pjfootballer

I started one thread about where to find hot spots for going out in Charlotte. Now I need the Charlotte area ESers for a little more help.

I work in a job I absolutely loath. I'm a patient advocate (Fancy title for someone who helps the poor) at a hospital in Rock Hill and I cannot stand my job anymore. I worked in Medicaid for the state of Florida for 1 1/2 years and have been doing this for 6 1/2 years. 8 years of dealing with indigent people with no health insurance.

I'm just tired of talking, looking, dealing and trying to help people who won't help themselves. It's a real depressing job as I have to interview them in their hospital bed. You can imagine the things I've seen.

Anyhow, I have a B.A. in Communications and a minor in Journalism. I knew Glenn Brenner for CBS Channel 9 in DC and he was to help me when I graduated. He died 2 years before I finished. I tried in vain to get jobs over the years at radio/TV/newspapers with no luck. They wanted to hire me part time, low pay (less than 20K) or internships.

I can do pretty much any job if given the chance. I wanted to see if any of you that work in Charlotte know of some professional jobs (Office Work) in your place of employment or any other place you know of that I could apply at. My problem is not knowing the area or what kind of companies are in the area. I know there's alot of financial institutions like Wachovia and Bank of America.

I'd appreciate any help. It doesn't matter what area of expertise it's in or what company it's with. I just know if I don't get out of this job soon, I may step on someone's breathing tube and not let my foot up. It's that bad. Not that I'd ever do that, but the thought has crossed my mine.

Thanks

pjfootballer

Dude they try the Jeff Gordon's childerens hospital in Concord. Also they are building a big research cmapus/facility in Kannapolis where the mills used to be. Like I said before dude its almost impossilbe to escape the ROCK. HTTR

Dude they try the Jeff Gordon's childerens hospital in Concord. Also they are building a big research cmapus/facility in Kannapolis where the mills used to be. Like I said before dude its almost impossilbe to escape the ROCK. HTTR

My wife told me to look in the business office at Piedmont Medical Center, but I'd actually like to get out of the hospital setting. I'm not exactly sure what direction I'd like to go into, so just getting ideas may help steer me in the right direction.

I started one thread about where to find hot spots for going out in Charlotte. Now I need the Charlotte area ESers for a little more help.

I work in a job I absolutely loath. I'm a patient advocate (Fancy title for someone who helps the poor) at a hospital in Rock Hill and I cannot stand my job anymore. I worked in Medicaid for the state of Florida for 1 1/2 years and have been doing this for 6 1/2 years. 8 years of dealing with indigent people with no health insurance.

I'm just tired of talking, looking, dealing and trying to help people who won't help themselves. It's a real depressing job as I have to interview them in their hospital bed. You can imagine the things I've seen.

Anyhow, I have a B.A. in Communications and a minor in Journalism. I knew Glenn Brenner for CBS Channel 9 in DC and he was to help me when I graduated. He died 2 years before I finished. I tried in vain to get jobs over the years at radio/TV/newspapers with no luck. They wanted to hire me part time, low pay (less than 20K) or internships.

I can do pretty much any job if given the chance. I wanted to see if any of you that work in Charlotte know of some professional jobs (Office Work) in your place of employment or any other place you know of that I could apply at. My problem is not knowing the area or what kind of companies are in the area. I know there's alot of financial institutions like Wachovia and Bank of America.

I'd appreciate any help. It doesn't matter what area of expertise it's in or what company it's with. I just know if I don't get out of this job soon, I may step on someone's breathing tube and not let my foot up. It's that bad. Not that I'd ever do that, but the thought has crossed my mine.

Thanks

pjfootballer

Send your resume to the Carolina Panthers. That would probably be great to work for a professional sports team. And you could commute into town from where you live. Or if you like Nascar. Apply for a job at the Nascar Hall of Fame.

Send your resume to the Carolina Panthers. That would probably be great to work for a professional sports team. And you could commute into town from where you live. Or if you like Nascar. Apply for a job at the Nascar Hall of Fame.

I could never work for the Panthers. I'll think about the NASCAR HOF. I almost forgot about that. Thanks.

I could never work for the Panthers. I'll think about the NASCAR HOF. I almost forgot about that. Thanks.

Just curious. But why would you never consider it? There's no amount of money that could convince you? You could still secretly root for our Skins. And maybe if you got the job you could be the brainchild behind getting them a site like this. :cool:

Just curious. But why would you never consider it? There's no amount of money that could convince you? You could still secretly root for our Skins. And maybe if you got the job you could be the brainchild behind getting them a site like this. :cool:

Because just being around all that is Panthers, I think you'd have to have some sort of loyalty to the team. Think about it. Panthers letterhead, Panthers team promotions, Panthers pictures on the wall of my office, Panthers paraphenailia, etc, etc. Not a good idea to bring my Redskins stuff into the office.

Because just being around all that is Panthers, I think you'd have to have some sort of loyalty to the team. Think about it. Panthers letterhead, Panthers team promotions, Panthers pictures on the wall of my office, Panthers paraphenailia, etc, etc. Not a good idea to bring my Redskins stuff into the office.

My husband's cousin works for the Jags and he is a diehard Jets fan. He has Jets stuff in his office... its not excessive but people know he is a Jets fan. He was given a great opportunity there and took and loves it.

To each his own. I'm as diehard a Skins fan as they come. But if the money was right, I wouldn't pass it up. And, also, if the money was right im pretty sure you could do without having your Skins stuff there.

Archived