Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nnamdi Asomugha

AngloSackSon

Nnamdi Asomugha

There has been some discussion about the state of the 'Skins CB's heading into next season. I've been hoping Williams could lure Asomugha here, for the past two years.

With Asante Samuel being the most sought after FA CB, and Trufant being more well known, I hoped somehow Asomugha might fly under the radar.

It looks like the Raiders are prepared to pay this guy handsomely. You may have to register for the Contra Costa Times..

With the uncertainty around Springs contract situation and Rogers's health, CB could easily become priority #1 in the offseason. Or it might not. :) If it does, Asomugha would be an absolute perfect fit for what we do on defense. Unfortunately, he'd almost definitely be franchised and I wouldn't trade 2 #1s for any CB in the league.

Why do we need another CB with Springs, Smoot and Rogers coming off of injury by the time that the 08 season starts? Thats 3 top of the line CB's.

Talented depth is needed at OL, DL, WR and even LB more than CB.

Are you not concerned that Rogers will need two full years to recover fully? I can't recall a CB who has suffered this injury, and played at strength the following season. Also, Springs is, perhaps experiencing his final burst of top-notch play. I doubt the 'Skins are willing to keep him at his current salary, given his difficulty staying on the field..:2cents:

With the uncertainty around Springs contract situation and Rogers's health, CB could easily become priority #1 in the offseason. Or it might not. :) If it does, Asomugha would be an absolute perfect fit for what we do on defense. Unfortunately, he'd almost definitely be franchised and I wouldn't trade 2 #1s for any CB in the league.

First, Springs isnt going anywhere. The whole situation last year was due to a paycut/restructure. With the cap being raised again, some more dead money taken off the books and the possibility of even restructuring Springs contract for money upfront, the likelihood of him being released is quite slim.

As for Rogers, ACL and MCL injuries are 6-10 months recovery time for the sake of being able to play in game and realistically 14-20 months before a person is 100%. This tells me that Smoot and Springs will again be the starting CB's next year.

Macklin and Torrance have been more than serviceable in nickel and dime packages but if the FO still has concerns with the CB position, id assume they'd address that in the later half of the 1st day of the draft, rather than incurring another high priced CB to possibly be a #2 or #3 CB next year.

Archived