Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

All Access "Mayweather-Pacquiao" officially starts on 4/18/15 after Chavez Jr vs Fonfara. Initially Manny's side felt it wasn't necessary and proposed one hour long special for each fighter before the fight on their respective networks but it looks like Floyd's side didn't agree and wanted to move forward with business as usual. I'm still holding out hope that they find a way to let Max Kellerman do a Face-Off. Probably wishful thinking on my part but not too far-fetched.

Ok so I know we've all heard reports to the contrary and that's cool but I have my sources, I trust them & I'm not backing down.

As of right now there is unfortunately no Face-Off scheduled so it appears that's out of the question :-( But I hear there's a strong possibility that the replay of the fight will be shown on nationally televised CBS Sports.

But anyway, Showtime will premiere Episode 1 as I previously stated on 4/18 at 10pm. Episode 2 on 4/25 will again follow the fight that night so it's again scheduled for 10pm. Episode 3 will be the Wednesday before the fight on 4/29 at 10pm. Then the Epilogue the Sat after the fight on May 9.

Still not sure if HBO is doing anything but I do know they have that 1hr special on Manny that was agreed in the contract. But no 24/7 on deck thus far. The interesting thing that I will be looking for is how Showtime uses Pacquiao content and the Pacquiao coverage they will provide. But I don't think it's rocket science to figure that the series will be predominantly Mayweather coverage.

I think Showtime will get away with this (regardless of what the contract states) is by changing the name. Instead of calling it "All Access Mayweather-Pacquiao" I believe it will be something along the lines of "Inside Mayweather-Pacquiao". But clearly you can look at the outline of the dates and see Showtime will follow THE EXACT SAME FORMAT as they've been doing with All Access.

The question is; Is Floyd gonna give us anything new? I think we're all tired of seeing his toys, money and slew of yes men and women.

Floyd's been uncharacteristically quiet since they announced the fight. No real trash talk coming from him. Not sure if its noteworthy, but its definitely different. Hell, Freddie Roach has really been the only one talking.

I wish Roach would just shut up to be honest. I 've always thought the more someone talks trash, the more insecure they are. Imo, it comes off like you're trying too hard to get into the other guys head.

But we have 5 weeks until May 2. Floyd will be heard.

• Like 1

In case anybody cares:

Nonito Donaire just won WBC NABF super bantamweight title in his 1st fight back at 122. He William Prado vio 2nd round TKO

Oh and Flyweight Donnie Nietes also won. Card took place in the Phillipines.

Edited by Rexx1240

Kell Brook just beat the piss out of JoJo Dan. Dan was never going to much competition, but he has a rep of being a tough, durable fighter. Brook was just ruthlessly efficient tonight.

I love British trash talk, Brook says Khan is "a bit delicate around the whiskers" 

Edited by StillUnknown

How the hell was Jo Jo the number one contender?? I think somebdy miscounted.

KB wanted to use Dan to make a statement & officially put the rest of the division on notice. I'm sure they all have something to think about now.

That was brutal.

I love Matthysse, but its pretty foolish of him to trash talk Garcia when he was thoroughly handled by him. Garcia is a lot of things, he's not the ducking type.

Good points but I disagree with the last sentence. Whether or not it's actually him doing the ducking, not sure but Uncle Al sure makes it look like it is. Most recent example would be the Rod Salka fight. 140-47 is oozing with fights to be made almost monthly. That fight had NO business being made.

Thurman & Brook in talks for a scrap this year. Would absolutely love to see this fight. Great test for both fighters. I think the hold up will be the fact that KB wants this fight in the UK.

I think if Brook wants to continue to build his name he needs to fight on US soil. He's already a mega star across the pond. He needa some notoriety over here to become a ppv attraction.

• Like 1

Y'all implies that he owned Roach, who exactly is Roger Mayweather known for training besides Floyd? Who most people believe trains himself anyway. While Roach has trained a slew of great fighters. There must be a reason why boxers AND MMA fighters have seeked his services.

No joke, I believe some of these guys get PAID by TMT. Just last week Zab was at odds with the Mayweather's over what actually happened during a sparring session. Now he's putting them in the HOF.

And what is Zab gonna do? Beat up Freddie Roach? Maybe he should use this newfound anger for his next fight. Who knows, he might actually win.

Edited by DM72

What has Roach done to deserve HoF induction??

OK. And does that warrant a HOF induction?

Lol...I guess Roger is the Phil Jackson of boxing.

Name me one, just one fighter that Roach built from the ground up. . .

Edited by Rexx1240

Y'all implies that he owned Roach, who exactly is Roger Mayweather known for training besides Floyd? Who most people believe trains himself anyway.

Roach started that nonsense last week & just like a true Mayweather hater, u run with it. Clearly Roger & Sr train him. If u don't recognize that then I have a great Roger Mayweather quote for you....

Also, Floyd goes on record many, many times saying that his dad & uncle come up with the game plan for him to follow. He claims they are the ones that study all the tape & develop a strategy and work on it for the 6-8 week camp. Then it's up to him to execute on fight night, with the help of his corner, just like any other prize fighter. Just stop it man.

Oh come on. Was Roger Ali's very first trainer? He might have not been Pacquiao's very first trainer, but Pacquiao is widely considered Roach's star pupil.

And are we really going to give Roger more credit than Roach for training his enormously gifted nephew? And wasn't Floyd Sr Floyd Jr's first trainer?