Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scouts Inc Chat: ESPN, Gary Horton

DCsportsfan53

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=18661

Gary Horton: (4:03 PM ET ) I think it is going to be a very interesting Wild Card weekend. we have very competitive games, and I am picking three of the four road teams to win. So it will be interesting to see if home field means anything. I like Jacksonville over Pittsburgh, the Giants over Tampa, Washington over Seattle, and I think San Diego will defeat Tennessee and that will be close.
Clay(Kerrville, Texas): Gary, Why is it that the media jumps on the bandwagon of whoever has won a couple of games in a row? All of a sudden, the Redskins are the team to beat in the NFC. Two weeks ago it was the Vikings that noone wanted to see in the playoffs. Well, now we won't-because they weren't that good. Neither are the Redskins. My moey is on the Cowboys or Packers. They are the best in the NFC. Agree?

Gary Horton: (4:36 PM ET ) I have questions about the Cowboys, because I think they played poorly for the last couple games, and Romo sits to pee has not been consitent, and I think they are a bit ripe for an upset. I know it is easy to overrate late season wins and loses, but I think you need to play well, and at least show some spark, like Eli did against the Patriots. I was one who did like Minnesota, because for a month Jackson settled down, but he reverted to old mistakes. I like Washington a lot right now because I think they are a team with charcter and what they have gone through makes them very tough minded, and I happen to think, after watching a lot of film, that they are very dangerous because they do not make mistakes. I think they are a tough out, and I have them winning in Seattle, and then upsetting the Cowboys in Dallas. I might be wrong, but I think this is a team that hit their stride at exactly the right time.

I'll add any more that come later. Definitely agree with him, I'm telling you guys, the Seahawks aren't ready for us, they won't know what hit them.

Marc (Malden, MA): Nice to see everyone remembering that Joe Gibbs is still a great coach.

Gary Horton: (4:41 PM ET ) I agree. And I know all everyone wants to talk about is when he took the extra time out earlier this year, but I have nothing but admiration for his ability to hold this team together trhough all the tragedy and it shows that his players love him and respect him. I know it sounds corny, but I think this might be a team of destiny, and why I am so high on their playoff chances. I just like the vibe I get from this team if that makes sense.

:applause:

I like Washington a lot right now because I think they are a team with charcter and what they have gone through makes them very tough minded, and I happen to think, after watching a lot of film, that they are very dangerous because they do not make mistakes.

Gosh, it's been a while since I've heard anyone say this about the Skins. Ironically, this is what Gibbs has been aiming for all along.

we won a road playoff game two years ago, granted it was in a friendlier atmosphere and against an opponent that i consider to be worse than this years hawks team, but the fact that Gibbs has led us into a road playoff win just 2 years ago gives me a bit more confidence than i may usually have in this situation.

Also lets not forget that Minny has quite the loud stadium and they needed that game just as bad as we did.

Archived