Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoot and Montgomery!!!

wit 33

Smoot is nothing short of inspiring, playing inspired football, and needless to say I am inspired. i said it in the other smoot thread, but i'll take Smoooooooooot and his big ol' heart a million times before I take Chump Bailey back

Smoot is nothing short of inspiring, playing inspired football, and needless to say I am inspired. i said it in the other smoot thread, but i'll take Smoooooooooot and his big ol' heart a million times before I take Chump Bailey back

:notworthy

Keep preaching to the choir.

Smoot was never about being some great shutdown corner. The man got beat the first time he was here, he's gotten beat this season and he's going to get beat in the future.

But it's his heart that seperates him from others and it's the way he gives it his all that has endeared himself to most Skins fans. I mean he's what, 180? Yet he just threw himself at 250 pound Brandon Jacobs without hesitation. The man is certifiable but I love him.

I love Smoot, but Montgomery is the one who has been a huge surprise. We got him in the 5th round of the '06 draft from Minnesota. Last year he didn't do too well but he's really matured this year. Oh, and he's only 23. This is why we need to continue to KEEP our draft picks.

Montgomery made a couple of nice plays but I don't he is as good as some of you guys feel.

Smoot, OTOH, played an awesome game. In his first tenure here, I thought he was overrated and was kinda glad he was gone. He also didn't look that good in the beginning of the season and was injured for almost every game. But man this guy is kicking some ass the past couple of weeks.

Add that to the way Carlos was playing until he got injured, we can have a pretty sweet ass tandem at CB for 3-4 years hopefully.

Archived