Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shawn Springs...

Fan4life

Strenght as we all know is Man to man coverage. Vs the Bears...boy he came through vs some decent WRs in Hester/ Berrnian.

I think for us to shut down Plaxico. We have to use Springs on Plaxico.

Thoughts.. :cheers:

Yes, we need Springs on Plex. Last time, Plex mushed Rogers off him after a 10 yard catch and ran into the endzone. Plex will have a harder time trying to man handle Springs.

Guest Spearfeather
Strenght as we all know is Man to man coverage. Vs the Bears...boy he came through vs some decent WRs in Hester/ Berrnian.

I think for us to shut down Plaxico. We have to use Springs on Plaxico.

Thoughts.. :cheers:

Agreed. Shawn Springs is the man. Our best all around corner in my opinion.

Big enough to handle big receivers and still has good speed.

I've been complaining about this, except last week, that we have 2 press man cover corners who excel in those situations and are at their best when allowed to challenge a receiver one on one. We've chosen, most of the year, not to let them do that however. The last week or two we have and the results have been excellent. I can only hope that GW permanently goes back to his Cover 1 and Cover 0 press man coverage pressure schemes that he's known for for the rest of the season. We're a much better defense that way and should never have tried to be a coverage based zone defense like we were most of the season. It doesn't fit our players and it's not who we are.

Plexiglass will shatter when someone hits him. Even if it's a 5 yard out route and he gets bumped out of bounds his ankle will magically start flaming up.

I like the optimism and all but this is completely disingenuous. Plaxico has far beyond proven his toughness this year. He's been obviously not healthy all season, limping all week and in each pre game warmup, yet he's come out and dominated time and again. He may play for a rival but that will never make me deny what a player is about, regardless of how much I dislike him. Plainly put, Plaxico Burress is a ****ing baller.

I've been complaining about this, except last week, that we have 2 press man cover corners who excel in those situations and are at their best when allowed to challenge a receiver one on one. We've chosen, most of the year, not to let them do that however. The last week or two we have and the results have been excellent. I can only hope that GW permanently goes back to his Cover 1 and Cover 0 press man coverage pressure schemes that he's known for for the rest of the season. We're a much better defense that way and should never have tried to be a coverage based zone defense like we were most of the season. It doesn't fit our players and it's not who we are.

the reason he calls so much zone is because he is deathly afraid of giving up the huge play.

as for the last 2 weeks, our secondary has played lights out. I hope he continues to call more man to man coverage schemes

edit* i agree with you...

the way they did the matchup tonights is 100% better, seeing as how toomer would have gotten off and has more experience than plax, where as you take him out with SS and let FS matchup with Plax and have LL help over top, and that plan seems to have worked alot better

By doing that you hinder the development of LL at that spot, how long would SS really being playing that spot for anyway, so you move him back to SS and in the end its prolly 2 years wasted where LL and rome that spot and we go after another young SS in the later rounds of the draft

Carlos will take at least two full years to be 100% healthy, take a look a Mcnabb not the same coming back after ACL, so he will struggle alil bit coming back next year

Archived