Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scouts weigh in on young QB's -- Campbell related(merged)

Hooper

I think that Gibbs' play calling is the biggest problem we have.

What play is it that you are SURE of that Gibbs called this season that has caused us anything and what is Saunders' job as OC if it is not to call plays?...How, exactly, is Saunders earning his money?..If Gibbs is calling the plays why do we even need Saunders?...Why do we put the offensive bad calls on Gibbs but contribute the defensive bad calls on Williams who has the same responsibilities on defense as Saunders has on offense?

Edit: what does sending plays down from the booth imply when Saunders is in the booth and Gibbs is not?

The question isn't why do we need saunders it's why do we need Gibbs. The answer is stability and good team building and people skills. He'd make a great GM but he is too old for coach, it's just too much for him he is not the same man.

WHAT!!!? Is this why or why not we need Gibbs? These sound like good qualities for a coach.

What play is it that you are SURE of that Gibbs called this season that has caused us anything and what is Saunders' job as OC if it is not to call plays?...How, exactly, is Saunders earning his money?..If Gibbs is calling the plays why do we even need Saunders?...Why do we put the offensive bad calls on Gibbs but contribute the defensive bad calls on Williams who has the same responsibilities on defense as Saunders has on offense?

Edit: what does sending plays down from the booth imply when Saunders is in the booth and Gibbs is not?

The five games that we lost when we were ahead at the half it does look like a different coach is calling the plays. If Jason is so horrible at running Saunders offense then why were we winning at halftime? I'm guessing that 75 - 80% of Jason's passing yardage is in the first half. Then Gibbs/Saunders/Williams, or all three go into this eat-up the clock, conservative running game which we don't have, the defense can't hold the other team from scoring and Jason is expected to be the hero with a last minute winning touchdown which is a low percentage option for any team.

It's become so predictable.

Seems he's a little confused.

I'm not confused. Joe Gibbs won three super bowls. He was a great coach. Those qualities I named don't fade with age. The mind goes though and it's a different game. Something is not right with the Redskins offense and it's sad to say what it actually is.. Too many chiefs and not enough indians.

Archived