Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does 8-8 still have any chance?

JDSkins47

I'm just curious. I don't know all the scenarios and what not but I was just wondering if there is any chance 8-8 still might make the playoffs in the NFC or do we 100% have to win out the last 3 games?

Only if that loss isn't to the Vikings. We could with help still lose one game and make it because of the tie-breakers against the Lions,Cards and ofcourse the Vikes if we win.

To take it to the next step.

We make it at 8-8 as long as it plays out this way-

We can lose to the Giants or Pokes, but not the Vikes.

NO must lose 2- @Atl, AZ, PHI, @Chi

AZ must lose 2- @ Sea, @NO, ATL, STL

Minn must lose 1 PLUS our game- @SF,CHI, WAS,@DEN

PHIL must lose 1 NFC game NYG, @DAL, @NO, Buff (meaningless)

DET must lose 2- Dal, @SD,KC,@GB

Car must lose 2-@JAX,Dal,@TB,Seat.

In fact, Im pretty sure there is a scenario in whiich 7-9 will make it.

Here's the 7-9 scenario-

Our only W is against Minn.

NO beats Philly and loses to ATL, AZ, CHI

AZ beats NO and loses to SEA, ATL, STL

Minn loses 2 of these- SF,CHI,Den PLUS loses to Wash

PHilly loses to NO plus loses to either Dall OR NYG

Det loses 3 of these- Dall, SD, KC, GB

Carolina loses 3 of these- TB, JAX, DALL, Seat

8-8 is possible, but unlikely. At 8-8, its all about the tiebreakers. Unfortunately we may have dropped a few. We do have the Cards and the Lions, and the Vikings game definately would be a must. So whos still in the playoff hunt?

Redskins

Eagles

Vikings

Lions

Panthers

Saints

Cardinals

Now, the team with the inside track would be one of the 6-6 teams(Lions, Vikings, Cardinals). The Lions have a tough schedule and are unlikely to even go 8-8. The Vikings and the Cardinals on the other hand could easily end up 9-7(we could ensure that the Vikings end with 9-7). In that case we would really have to win out. The panthers are facing a very tough schedule and dont have a chance. The eagles have a chance, but again, very unlikely, as they will probobly finish 8-8 at best. The one team to really look out for is the Saints. Its an explosive team that has a very weak end of schedule. I could see them winning out. If they do, they are in. They have the best tiebreaker of any team still in the hunt at 9-7. Unless someone goes 10-6, if the saints are 9-7, they are in. So for us to get in, first, they need to loose one. Second, we need to win out. Can we make it at 8-8? Anythings possible. But I wouldnt count on it. Its going to take a total collapse by several teams with weak schedules for that to happen, and thats not something you want to leave in someone elses hands.

So for the short version, 8-8 is possible, but very unrealistic at this point.

I'm just curious. I don't know all the scenarios and what not but I was just wondering if there is any chance 8-8 still might make the playoffs in the NFC or do we 100% have to win out the last 3 games?

We definately still have a chance at 8-8. I actually think that we have to be the odds on favorite among all the other teams fighting for playoff spots. Not only are we more motivated than any other team right now but we'll be getting a little safety help from above too. It's almost like we've got 12 men on the field.

meast4eva

- I believe it does, BUT we HAVE to beat Minnesota for it to mean anything because then we would own the head 2 head against the Vikes, Lions and Cards! Which would be HUGE!

We would need a bunch of help for 8-8, but it wouldn't be impossible. However, the loss has to be to Dal or NYG. Can't lose to Minnesota because it would be a loss and they would have the head to head tiebreak.

BTW, I LOVE your sig Chip. Amazing.

thanks for the break down

but lets just win the next 3 so there is no question :cheers:

the browns did beat the cards last week. It was the refs that beat the browns last week. That was a horrible call.

Its very possible. I wouldn't rule out anything the way this season has gone. I would feel a whole lot better about it if the Browns had beaten the Cards last week.

and the giants will lose the final games and finish 8-8

Archived