Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Powell Signed for 3 Years

JangoFett

Powell is a high energy player who is capable of filling in nicely in spurts.

He is a guy that will wear down and be less effective if you ask him to play 40 plays a game for 16 weeks.

He must have bulked up some because his bio still lists him at 6'2 and 272.

Inside at DT he would be giving up at least 25 pounds if not more to the men he faces.

You could get away with that at times in 2002 because Gardener occupied two men at the other DT spot and anchored the line.

Wilkinson is not as effective as DG at the point of attack.

Even with Powell on board I think we still need to bring in at least 2 defensive linemen who can contribute in 2003.

One in the draft and another in FA. We could also use a big guy with some raw skills to work in as a developmental player late in the draft :)

Greg Scott, our #7 last year, is just 258. That's about 15-20 pounds too small to play regularly at DE...........

I say draft a DT with 1st pick, Powell is that guy that can come in for a few plays at any position on the DL for a few plays to give someone a breather- then get a lower profile FA DE and hopefully we could have healthy LaDarius Jackson and Bruce Smith coming in on 3rd down.

I think Bernard Jackson is a good back-up for now-possible project/prospect for the future.

Archived