Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hi Everyone!!!!

meast4eva

Hey gang,

I'm new to these parts and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm kind of new to message boards like this (this is the first one I've ever seen actually) so I hope I'm not breaking protocol here. Anyway, I live in Kansas City and my dad was a lifelong Redskins fan (originally from VA). He moved out here before I was born but he made sure to raise me the right way by following the Redskins. I got picked on and beat up sometimes growing because I wasn’t a Chiefs fan but I never once thought about giving up on this team. It's been kind of hard being a Redskins fan out here all these years because growing up I was only able to watch a couple games a year that would get televised out here and we didn't even have cable (no ESPN) so I usually wouldn't find out the scores to the game until Monday morning when my dad and I would looking it up in the morning paper before I went to school.

Thanks to technology and the internet I've finally been able to stay a little more current on everything that's going on with the team. I don’t make enough money to be able to afford Sunday Ticket though so on the rare Sunday that I have off work I have to go to a bar that has it so I can watch the game. I don't know any other Redskins fans out here either although I'm sure there out there somewhere. I just work a lot and don't usually have the time to get out and enjoy myself and find other fans. It never really bothered me much though up until this last week when the greatest safety in the NFL and my favorite all time player, Sean Taylor (why I chose my screen name), was senselessly murdered and had his career and life tragically cut short. I really had a hard time dealing with it and didn't have any fellow fan's shoulders to cry on. I couldn't even talk to my dad about it since he passed away several years ago. Losing ST hurts almost as bad too. My Chiefs friends have been pretty cool because they understand how I feel since they lost Derrick Thomas a few years ago but I still don't think they truly "get it." DT was a great player and all but he wasn't murdered. He died (during the offseason) in a car accident. He also had a longer career than ST. We were just finally starting to see the type of player and person that Sean was maturing into.

I just felt so alone during the last week or so. Like I was stranded on a deserted island but even worse because it felt like the island was sinking. I just didn't know what to do. One of my friends told me that there were message boards like this out there and that I should take a look at them because it's a great way to connect with other fans. So I read a bunch of the different topics here, especially the ones about ST and I saw that there were so many of you out there who felt the exact same way I do. It makes me feel really good inside because I've always felt like a bit of a misfit living out here with no other Redskins fans to talk to and enjoy watching them play. I really think I might have found a home here. Someplace I can come and talk with people that I have something in common with.

I hope you all enjoy having me here as much as I hope to enjoy being here. Just knowing that this message is being read by fellow Redskins fans makes me feel so much better inside. I'm actually smiling right now as I'm writing this and it's probably the first time I've smiled in over a week.

God bless all of you. God bless Sean Taylor and his family and especially his

beautiful daughter Jackie. And God bless the Washington Redkins.

meast4eva

(ps....I'm sorry my first message was so long but I had a lot to get off my chest. I'll try and be more brief in the future.)

Hey gang,

I'm new to these parts and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm kind of new to message boards like this (this is the first one I've ever seen actually) so I hope I'm not breaking protocol here. chest. I'll try and be more brief in the future.)

Sorry but when I see a statement like the one you wrote above usually means you've been on several message boards. LOL! If this is your first, how would you know anything about breaking protocol. LOL!

.I just felt so alone during the last week or so. Like I was stranded on a deserted island but even worse because it felt like the island was sinking.

God bless all of you. God bless Sean Taylor and his family and especially his

beautiful daughter Jackie. And God bless the Washington Redkins.

Well seeing as how you're already a memeber of Redskin Nation--WTH did it take you so long to get here?

Bienvenido.

HTTR :notworthy

Sorry but when I see a statement like the one you wrote above usually means you've been on several message boards. LOL! If this is your first, how would you know anything about breaking protocol. LOL!

Nice way to welcome this guy into ES. Wow, it doen't take long

Any way, welcome

Jive Crankin,

I read the rules while I was waiting for my account to be approved and even though it didn't specifically address this issue there, I'm smart enough to know that any place you have rules, there are also unwritten rules. The rules that informally get established once a newly formed "community" takes shape. The "inhouse" rules that you people live by. Kind of like the rule among players in the locker room that you don't talk about other player's personal lives to the media. It's not a real rule, more like a code.

Since I'm new here I just didn't want to step on any toes. But I guess I did.

... Losing ST hurts almost as bad too. My Chiefs friends have been pretty cool because they understand how I feel since they lost Derrick Thomas a few years ago but I still don't think they truly "get it." DT was a great player and all but he wasn't murdered. He died (during the offseason) in a car accident. He also had a longer career than ST. We were just finally starting to see the type of player and person that Sean was maturing into.

...And God bless the Washington Redkins.

Welcome. Actually the DT situation is probably quite similar in feeling to how many of us feel about ST. Now that ST is gone, I'm not sure it would make "that" much difference if he had died accidentally, say via car wreck or fire. He's gone at a young age and that hurts anyway it happens.

Now as a new member, you'll also be happy to know there's a spell check feature available when making your posts. Just right-click on the message area and choose "Spell check this field" and it'll underline your mistakes. Awwww, just bustin' your chops.:silly:

Jive Crankin,

I read the rules while I was waiting for my account to be approved and even though it didn't specifically address this issue there, I'm smart enough to know that any place you have rules, there are also unwritten rules. The rules that informally get established once a newly formed "community" takes shape. The "inhouse" rules that you people live by. Kind of like the rule among players in the locker room that you don't talk about other player's personal lives to the media. It's not a real rule, more like a code.

Since I'm new here I just didn't want to step on any toes. But I guess I did.

i really think he was just busting your balls a little, man. :laugh:

Protocols aren't specific to message boards. I've never walked into a bingo hall but if I were ever crazy enough to walk into one I would know that there are probably a set of standard rules or guidelines that I wouldn't be familiar with. Knowing that doesn't mean I'm lying about never walking into one now does it?

Oh, and thanks to everyone else for the much needed warm welcome.

Also, I know this is probably a stupid question but I've never used the internet for anything besides looking up information before. It's never been a means of communication for me so could someone explain to me what the "LOL" meant in Jive Crankin's message.

Oh, and thanks to everyone else for the much needed warm welcome.

Also, I know this is probably a stupid question but I've never used the internet for anything besides looking up information before. It's never been a means of communication for me so could someone explain to me what the "LOL" meant in Jive Crankin's message.

Laugh out Loud :laugh:

i really think he was just busting your balls a little, man. :laugh:

Oh, ok. It's kind of hard to tell.

I'm amazed at all of the different features that are here to help communicate, like this quote feature. I didn't notice it on my other post. This is all some really cool stuff. And I love all the different smiling faces too. Especially these 3.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I had no idea stuff like this was out there. :applause:

Oh, ok. It's kind of hard to tell.

I'm amazed at all of the different features that are here to help communicate, like this quote feature. I didn't notice it on my other post. This is all some really cool stuff. And I love all the different smiling faces too. Especially these 3.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I had no idea stuff like this was out there. :applause:

you can also multi-quote several different posts, so you don't have to respond to each one w/ a different post. check the feedback and tech support forum for instructions on that.

also, the smileys / emoticons....don't overlook the "more" link, there are at least 100, and the best ones aren't in the reply box.

Archived