Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Reason why I hate Microsoft...

JMS

I'm so pissed....

I update the microsoft media player cause the old one had a security hole in it which allowed hackers to bypass my fire wall. So says microsoft, ok so I hold my nose and install the automatic update. Which is like russian rulette... It blows up my machine as often as it suceeds and I never freaking know what the hell it's doing anyway..

Ok so the new Media player comes down. And it sucks in my entire video, and audio itunes library into it making a new copy of these files on my c drive. So now I have 2 gig less space on my C drive.. which packs it by the way so now I have to stop what I'm doing and figure out how to move the freaking libraries onto an auxilary drive. which doesn't seem possible on the Microsoft media player.. Can't blow away my itunes library.... Guess all I'm left with is backing up my media files to a dvd and reloading them... God I hate Microsoft.

Uh,

There's a reason (actually, several) why the license agreement for MS updates requires you to agree that MS has the authority to break your computer. (And further states that, if it does break your computer, you're not allowed to revert back to the previous version, which worked.)

:)

I never do an import of media files when WMP wants to. I have one big folder for my thousands of songs, one big folder for my videos. I use Winamp for music, and if I want to see a video I'll just search for it and play in WMP or whatever. The importing feature is useless to me, I don't even know why its there.

Archived