Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MNF gamethread: Pats at Ravens

WVUforREDSKINS

The Truth is. The good teams are LUCKY. It how it has always been.

Patriots and colts dont get fumbles. If they do, it isn't game changing. Remember last year? The pats beat the chargers due to a fumbled int.

Cowboys get the ball to bounce into Romo sits to pee's hands in every play.

Bucs get fumbles. The Line between a good and a horrible team is smaller than a finger nail.

I don't buy that. Some years, like this year, the good teams are quite a bit better than the bad ones. It depends on the year. This year, you have good teams playing horribly and still winning. You have bad teams playing great and still losing.

There's a gap and it's pretty large.

I don't buy that. Some years, like this year, the good teams are quite a bit better than the bad ones. It depends on the year. This year, you have good teams playing horribly and still winning. You have bad teams playing great and still losing.

There's a gap and it's pretty large.

what gap?

Quite a bit better than the bad ones?

Miami sucks the most out of everybody and yet, they are competitive and are in games until the very end.

Last year, The bears almost lost to the cards.

You think the cowboys would be 11-1 if they didn't recover fumbles or they didn't bounced into Romo sits to pee's hands....No, exactly.

5-11 or 11-5..Difference is a team that gets the bounces. Not the better one. The skins have outplayed the last 4 teams. We lose. If we recover fumbles or get a tipped INT, we still lose those 4.

what gap?

Quite a bit better than the bad ones?

Miami sucks the most out of everybody and yet, they are competitive and are in games until the very end.

Last year, The bears almost lost to the cards.

You think the cowboys would be 11-1 if they didn't recover fumbles or they didn't bounced into Romo sits to pee's hands....No, exactly.

5-11 or 11-5..Difference is a team that gets the bounces. Not the better one. The skins have outplayed the last 4 teams. We lose. If we recover fumbles or get a tipped INT, we still lose those 4.

It sounds to me that you're arguing that it's luck that some teams are good and some are bad. I don't buy that. Is there SOME luck involved? Yes, but those teams are still BETTER than the bad ones and this year, I believe they are quite a bit better.

Honestly, if you lose every single game the same way every single time, at some point it becomes less luck and more a weakness in your team.

And Miami just got throttled by the Jets. And if the ball didn't "bounce into Romo sits to pee's hands", they might not be 11-1, but they'd be 10-2 or 9-3. They'd still be a good team.

Did you catch the stop 37 made to kill the Ravens last drive (not counting the last minute desperation possession)? He was coming on a blitz and recognized a back (I believe Musa Smith) leaking into the flat. Harrison threw on the brakes, reversed field, chased him down from behind, and stopped him just short. That was one hell of an athletic play. Add that to his locker room presence and he is an invaluable member of the greatest team of the free agency era.

One play does not a safety make. A broken clock is right twice a day. Either of the sayings would work.

It is known that the weakness in the Pats defense is in the middle of the field. That is the area of the field that you would hope for the Pats to defend. That would be '37'.

It sounds to me that you're arguing that it's luck that some teams are good and some are bad. I don't buy that. Is there SOME luck involved? Yes, but those teams are still BETTER than the bad ones and this year, I believe they are quite a bit better.

Honestly, if you lose every single game the same way every single time, at some point it becomes less luck and more a weakness in your team.

And Miami just got throttled by the Jets. And if the ball didn't "bounce into Romo sits to pee's hands", they might not be 11-1, but they'd be 10-2 or 9-3. They'd still be a good team.

Explain why the teams that are better than the bad ones were all 8-8 or 9-7 last year?

Did they go out and draft a hell of alot of people?

Getting TO makes you a good team. Getting TO means you are lucky enough to get good bounces.

Quite a bit better? You escaped from the skins with a close win. Miami has been blown out in only 3 games this season.

Do good teams just happen to get turnovers? Or are they good BECAUSE they get the turnovers?

Injuries and turnovers can make the best team seem bad and the bad teams seem good. So long as they are in the positive side of both categories.

Pats, Cowboys, Packers, etc etc, for the most part, have been on the positive side of both categories.

Explain why the teams that are better than the bad ones were all 8-8 or 9-7 last year?

Getting TO makes you a good team. Getting TO means you are lucky enough to get good bounces.

Quite a bit better? You escaped from the skins with a close win. Miami has been blown out in only 3 games this season.

You're telling me that TO makes us lucky? I'd say having TO makes us talented. It's not like every ball bounces our way because TO is on our roster. TO sure as heck didn't help us last year when we didn't have the coaching to take advantage of his talent.

And why do teams go from 8-8 to 9-7 to good in a season? Because that's usually how teams are built. You draft some players, fill a couple of holes in free agency, maybe change a coach or two and boom, you're a good team. A bad team can go to mediocre the same way. On occasion, a bad team can go straight to good, but that's more rare.

I'm not saying luck never plays a part in some wins and losses, but to say that the only difference between the bad teams, the mediocre teams, and the good teams is luck? We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Do good teams just happen to get turnovers? Or are they good BECAUSE they get the turnovers?

Injuries and turnovers can make the best team seem bad and the bad teams seem good. So long as they are in the positive side of both categories.

Pats, Cowboys, Packers, etc etc, for the most part, have been on the positive side of both categories.

I would agree with this. Injuries play a huge part in it. However, good teams also overcome injuries with depth to some extent. Part of being a good team is having depth.

I dunno. I just can't buy that it's all luck of the draw. It's not. Some of it is just having a talented roster with good coaching.

You're telling me that TO makes us lucky? I'd say having TO makes us talented. It's not like every ball bounces our way because TO is on our roster. TO sure as heck didn't help us last year when we didn't have the coaching to take advantage of his talent.

And why do teams go from 8-8 to 9-7 to good in a season? Because that's usually how teams are built. You draft some players, fill a couple of holes in free agency, maybe change a coach or two and boom, you're a good team. A bad team can go to mediocre the same way. On occasion, a bad team can go straight to good, but that's more rare.

I'm not saying luck never plays a part in some wins and losses, but to say that the only difference between the bad teams, the mediocre teams, and the good teams is luck? We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

:laugh: TO as in Turnovers.

I agree. But, the talent level in this league is closer than people think.

Remember last year? Didn't you think we were cursed on how the ball would bounce into a guys hands and never into ours.

Actually, I think you make a point. A dominant team in the NFL today isn't the same as it was before the salary cap because the margin of overall talent between NFL teams isn't what it used to be.

But that doesn't mean that some teams are just luckier than others. A lot of what you are talking about comes down to coaching and team discipline. It's one thing to get the "lucky bounce", it's quite another to score points with these opportunities. New England and Dallas have consistently shown the ability to make plays and turn opportunities into points when they needed to.

Do you call that luck? I don't think so. The good teams consistently find ways to win, regardless of the final score. The teams that can't close the game, ultimately lose.

Remember last year? Didn't you think we were cursed on how the ball would bounce into a guys hands and never into ours.

We were on the negative side of the turnovers. We were a good team in '05 down the stretch. We were a good team in the begining of the season this year. Last year and the past weeks this year.. we are being dominated by injuries and not taking advantage of turnovers.

Archived