Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yes, we want to see our team win, BUT . . .

mom2boys

. . . is it really necessary to be completely unsupportive if they don't? After the game yesterday I was appalled to be walking out of FedEx and hearing someone shouting, "F*** this game and f*** the Redskins." Yes, he was wearing a Skins jersey.

To me that is not what being a fan is about. A fan is a fan regardless of a win or lose. A fan supports the team through the ups and downs, wins and losses.

I know my family and myself will continue to watch, continue to support, regardless of the outcome of the upcoming games. :logo:

I think the outcome of yesterday's game shocked the majority of us, but at the same time, I think those boys played a damned good game all things considered! :cheers:

I will admit. I was there. I screamed and punched a wall. Screaming **** this ****.

But, my emotions were coming from how much I wanted this win for ST. I apologize if I offended anyone, but emotions were high yesterday. I just wanted it for Sean.

When it rained at the end, I kept saying Sean is making it rain for the kicker to miss. Please god let it happen. Then TO, just got to me. But I am sure, emotions like that are just coming from how much he cared for this team. Everyone shows there emotions differently, and sometimes its the wrong way, as was mine.

I agree. They certainly get a pass from me for this week...& possibly the rest of the season. I kinda had this season as a wash after last week anyway, but...this team needs our support more now than ever. Whether they win or lose, they are still MY Washington Redskins & I'm proud to call them my team!

We all feel drained. This year with seeing the pats play and with all the problems this team has had. I would just like them to be 8-8. And see what happens next year. Campbell is playing well. Joe gibbs can in his last year can try to pull out something. Who knows, I just don't feel like watching football anymore this year.

I agree too. I've read a lot of comments about what a miserable gameday experience it is at FedEx and every time I go they lose or whatever. Can you imagine being a Dolphins fan right now?

I find the recent losses pretty frustrating, but this is my first year with season tickets and I've been waiting a long time for them. I love this team and want them to do well, but if people only show up (whether at the stadium or in spirit) when they win, then what's the point? The lean years (or decades) make the really good times that much more special.

I'm not saying changes aren't in order, I believe they are. But I'll support my team in the meantime.

Fans are human beings. Maybe they should not swear out loud in public, but yelling and getting emotional is part of being a fan for any franchise. It's another form of caring for your team that much. The loudest and rougher fans are the diehard Redskins fan. We need more of them at Fed EX!

I just hate the fans that smile after another lost game and say "we always have next season"...or "We lost but they played super hard!". I call them Gibbs fan.

People who complain about the team...actually gives a crap more than any others.

most of the fans I saw that were angry were so because they thought the team should have been able to do better than lose to the Bills on a day to honor Sean Taylor.

I think a lot of people felt that the Redskins would come out and win the game for Sean outright, like the Giants did to the Redskins two years ago when Wellington Mara died the week before their game at the Meadowlands.

The sad truth is right now the Redskins are not good enough to beat middling teams.

The Redskins are 3-7 in their past ten games and with the combination of injuries, poor play on the lines and the Sean Taylor tragedy, I think the 2007 Redskins have just about taken their last punch.

Fans are human beings. Maybe they should not swear out loud in public, but yelling and getting emotional is part of being a fan for any franchise. It's another form of caring for your team that much. The loudest and rougher fans are the diehard Redskins fan. We need more of them at Fed EX!

I just hate the fans that smile after another lost game and say "we always have next season"...or "We lost but they played super hard!". I call them Gibbs fan.

People who complain about the team...actually gives a crap more than any others.

I'm one of those. Very emotional. I always shoot my mouth off before I think about what I'm going to say. This team has hurt me for the last 16 years and yesterday I'd just had enough. I really don't think I'll watch another game this year. I'll just get ready for 2008.

Sean's death. Watching Gibbs age before my eyes. Unable to score 6 points on the 3 yard line. Being the typical punching bag for opposing teams.

Used to look forward to Sundays and expecting a Skins win. Not the case at all anymore. Its just not fun anymore. That hurts my heart. The joy of Skins football is gone.

Archived