Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In retrospect, how do you feel about Pedro's "win out and make the playoffs" speech??

footballhenry

Not trying to incite rage, though I am going to be honest and say that I really think this could be the toughest loss I have personally felt as a Redskins fan. So much was riding on this game, and hearing the news that Sean's father gave an inspired speech had me pumped for 'what could have been'.

Unfortunately, for a myriad of reasons our beloved Redskins lost another heartbreaker today and now I find myself thinking back to Pedro's speech. Did this speech help or hinder the team? Given the fact that they couldn't win one game for Sean (and the easiest to win given our schedule) why is it that this didn't inspire greater play, and coaching? I really thought we were going to see a Sean Tayloresque performance by this team after hearing what the team chaplain said about the speech motivating the players.

I just want to get a feeling for what other Redskin fans are thinking, now that we've lost to the Bills, about the effects (longterm and shorterm) of the speech.

Much respect and love to Pedro and Jackie for delivering the words of wisdom and Sean's sentiment; I just wish this team could have taken it to heart more and played the way they are capable.

In retrospect, how do you feel about Pedro's "win out and make the playoffs" speech??

How do I feel? It's irrelevant. It's how the team felt and feels for that speech. Judging by their comments afterwards, it was appreciated. It may have even helped. The team did manage find enough focus to stay in the game. Playing under these circumstances had to be tough no matter how much people talked to them about it.

Archived