Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The reason this was so shocking for me......

SkinsFanRob

I dont know about anyone else, but even when I heard about Sean Taylor getting shot, even when I found out how serious it was, I never actually considered the fact that he could die. I never even entertained the idea. Hes Sean Taylor, Hes superman. I figured he would bounce back from this, and come back better than ever next year. I believed this with all my heart. So when I woke up yesterday morning and found out he died, I was in shock. Sean Taylor, The Redskins pride and joy gone forever. Sean Taylor, One half of the best safety tandem in the league would never get to lay out another reciever. Everytime I think I am starting to get over this, I think about a great play or memory I have of him, and the pain comes rushing back. I will never forget him scooping up that blocked fieldgoal against dallas last year, or him diving into the endzone in philly, or returning that touchdown against tampa a week later. I understand Sean was a father, son, brother, but he was also an amazing athelete I have come to love. He was the one redskin I was most proud to have on our team, and I cant help but feel us redskins fans were cheated out of alot of great years, and alot of great memories, just like his family and daughter were. R.I.P Sean. You were a great man on and off the field. There will never be another like you.

Sorry guys, I know alot of this has probably been said, but this is hard. I dont know if I will ever get over this feeling.

I really thought, when he responded to doctors and nurses on Monday night - at least somewhat - that he'd passed through the most critical part of his ordeal.

With the severe bloodloss, I'd have thought the most crucial time for his life being in jeopardy was early on. Once Monday night came and he seemed to be semi-stable I felt a whole lot better - only to have my heart completely torn out the following morning.

I get this overwhelming feeling that there is a "second loss" coming. Meaning, I haven't even been able to really ponder what the impact of this loss is in terms of football. I am too injured by the loss of the man and the effect on the players, coaches and my fellow fans especially when I think about Sean's family (uuugghh) but if I escape into the world of the NFL for a few minutes and start thinking about it, I will (I hope) at some point feel the pain of realizing we lost the best player on our team.

i just posted this in another thread, but it belongs here too.

i went to bed at 2 am tuesday not just thinking, or hoping, or praying that sean would live. i went to bed KNOWING he would survive. he was too tough, too strong to be struck down like this. he was my hero.

i feel your pain dude. i feel it.

Archived