Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The good...the bad...the ugly

Zhouse

The bad:

Two interceptions late in the game while in the redzone!!!! Don't give me that growing pains BS for Jason Campbell...point is we had a chance (TWICE!!) to win the game and both ended up being intercepted. This is the second week in a row this happened (Dallas game last week). I don't know enough who takes blame for those interceptions or if Bucs defense gets credit; but I did see Jason throwing it to the other team. He has to avoid these mistakes!!!! Throw it away if its not there. Priority #1: protect the ball. And btw that goes for everyone on the team and not just Jason

The good:

Everyone in the playoff hunt lost (Detroit, NY Giants, Arizona (thanks to that delay of game :laugh:), Phily (my first time supporting the Pats) so we're still in it. (As much as it pains me to say that week after week, I'm still a fan. I still believe we will make the turnaround)

The ugly:

Sunday night football: I swear, if it wasn't for Al Michaels I would have watched that game on Mute. The pre-game show is horrible; the half time show is horrible (did anyone think that "worst person in the NFL" bit was necessary at all....it's dumb and classless!! And John Madden is simply annoying. :2cents:

HTTR :point2sky

PS: I know what my title says, but I still decided to start with the bad.:D

Wow. How you can lay it all on Jason's shoulders when Moss and Portis basically spotted the Bucs 16 points in the first quarter is beyond me. Jason needs to take that next step, but if Portis is an elite back he can not keep laying the ball on the carpet and he has to make that fourth and inches.

I agree completely Burgold.... the Portis and moss acted like that football was a foreign object yesterday. But we had a chance yesterday late in the game and I expected Jason to bail us out. This is not a "bash Jason thread" I'm just anxious to see him carry the team. He had a shot yesterday....

It is too early in Jason Campbell's career for the team to rely upon him mounting Elway-like drives to pull games out. But now he's been thrown into the fire two weeks in a row, and he's come out burned.

Does this scar him, or does he become better equipped to handle late game heroics in the future? I still think this trial by fire helps him in the long run.

Wow. How you can lay it all on Jason's shoulders when Moss and Portis basically spotted the Bucs 16 points in the first quarter is beyond me. Jason needs to take that next step, but if Portis is an elite back he can not keep laying the ball on the carpet and he has to make that fourth and inches.

I believe they spotted the Bucs 13 points as JC's fumble caused three which should be credited to the left side of the OL.

I believe they spotted the Bucs 13 points as JC's fumble caused three which should be credited to the left side of the OL.

Fair enough :laugh:

That play was a shame. He was two inches away from a forward pass, and 1/4 second to making perhaps a great play.

What's even more frustrating is that I can't complain about the refs. We got a couple of gift calls and a really obvious block in the back that wasn't called. There were two iffy spots. At least I can take solace in this, but the refs were not against us this game.

Archived