Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking the Curse (my first post)

SB17

Although I wanted my first post to be a sappy tribute to the team, Super Bowls 17, 22 and 26, and/or memories of great 'skins' moments, and after joining ES sometime in (early?) 2006 without posting anything yet, I thought I better start with a great big word of THANKS to all ESers out there. For quite a while, I had a miserable job which left me stressed out and constantly on edge, and I used ES during my lunch hours on most days as the only means of "escape" (mercifully, I've moved on to another job).

I read your posts, laughed with some, disagreed with others, but was glad for the "pause" which ES provided before having to jump back into the chaos at work. You all kept me going during the offseasons, too, and I admit: I'm addicted. I have to get my "fix" of you all every day; otherwise, the day is not complete, win or lose, rain or shine, off-season or 'mid-season.

Today, I realized something: I first came across ES the week the 'skins were to play Seattle in the playoffs (Jan. '06). They lost that game. Then they had a very disappointing year in 2006 and so far this year, they have been, well, (shall we say?) a bit underwhelming. It's a curse that I've somehow brought upon this team by not posting. Alas, I repent and submit my first post in order to set the team right - back on the road to the playoffs!

My many thanks to ESers for your posts which sustained me in my difficult hours (months, actually). Now that I've broken the curse for the 'skins, I hope to post frequently.

Again, my thanks to you --

Hail to the Redskins!

P.S. Was going to attach a pretty good picture of Joe Gibbs that I took today but will do so in the "send off for Dallas" post, once I figure out how to attach an image. Someone please advise. I may first have to make the file size smaller, though.

Archived