Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reality check: Win or Go home this week

nneece

I think it's a must-win, because I don't think we'll win on the road in Dallas or NY. Plus, it's about confidence--this is the next step a good team must make: we must beat a wounded division rival AT HOME to start our second half. This is about momentum and position.

Win this, and people start thinking for real about the playoffs. Lose this, it's "same old skins." Time to step up and smack down down the iggles on our way up the ladder.

This is a must win because it's a division game, and because we have Dallas immediately after. If we beat the Eagles, we could take a possible loss to Dallas on the road. If we somehow lose to Philly, then we have to go into Dallas playing to stay above .500.

Oh, and neece, we're 2 games above .500. 5-3.

Sorry I misspoke, move 1 W to the L column and we are 4-4. I wrote this while I was riding in a car.

I think it's a must-win, because I don't think we'll win on the road in Dallas or NY. Plus, it's about confidence--this is the next step a good team must make: we must beat a wounded division rival AT HOME to start our second half. This is about momentum and position.

Win this, and people start thinking for real about the playoffs. Lose this, it's "same old skins." Time to step up and smack down down the iggles on our way up the ladder.

JW, you make an excellent point. Although I would also add that this game is big because it's our only home game this month! However, I would not call this a must-win. Its important as hell, but not must-win, because we could still reasonably win the division and/or the wildcard without gettin this one. For the sake of clarity, I consider a must-win game one that if you lost the contest, your season is effectively, if not officially over.

Oh my god.

5-4 = end of the world now?

Can't we just make the same thread every single week about every single game about how it's a turning point for our franchise and if we don't win then we are nothing and if we do win then it doesn't matter because we'll screw it up next week?

Oh wait.

We already do that.

EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

:doh:

Playoff teams wins this (Eagles game). If we are truly a playoff team, we win this game.

Superbowl contention teams wins this (Eagles) AND next weeks (at Dallas) games. If we are a Super Bowl contender, we win both these games.

The 14-2 Super Bowl Champion 2003 Patriots lost to Spurrier's Redskins and they lost 31-0 to the 6-10 Bills.

And I'm sure you remember some of the games that the 2005 Redskins lost on their road to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

It happens.

Archived