Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs is a class act

Currahee

he is a good person, but unfortnately i was not old enough to truly be a part of his past success. i understand what he did for this franchise, but at the same time i cannot completely appreciate his past as well as maybe some older members might be able to. thus, i dont take it into factor nearly as much as them i dont think. i just want the end to come gracefully. hopefully he can take us to a wildcard birth this year to quiet some of us up for his dparture, but we need more of a risk taker with this team.

tgijef

he is a good person, but unfortnately i was not old enough to truly be a part of his past success. i understand what he did for this franchise, but at the same time i cannot completely appreciate his past as well as maybe some older members might be able to. thus, i dont take it into factor nearly as much as them i dont think. i just want the end to come gracefully. hopefully he can take us to a wildcard birth this year to quiet some of us up for his dparture, but we need more of a risk taker with this team.

tgijef

when will these threads stop....no one is attacking the man just the coach

BINGO!!! I love Joe Gibbs the person and the coach from era I. You have to face the facts Coach Gibbs the II has been a failure. 2005 season has been the only one that was positive but the next year he makes a 180 and hires coach Saunders? I know that Gibbs is old and felt like he could not handle the pressure but nothing he has done on offense since then has made any sense at all.

Maybe we will See a different unit this Sunday on offense but I just don't see it happening. Grasping on to old Vets and bringing in questionable talent at WR. The money we spent on Brandon Lloyd could have been used to help build a elite O-line. The troubles with the skins could fill pages.

The skins finish 9-7 this year and will be lucky to make the playoffs because of divisional losses.

when will these threads stop....no one is attacking the man just the coach

BINGO!!! I love Joe Gibbs the person and the coach from era I. You have to face the facts Coach Gibbs the II has been a failure. 2005 season has been the only one that was positive but the next year he makes a 180 and hires coach Saunders? I know that Gibbs is old and felt like he could not handle the pressure but nothing he has done on offense since then has made any sense at all.

Maybe we will See a different unit this Sunday on offense but I just don't see it happening. Grasping on to old Vets and bringing in questionable talent at WR. The money we spent on Brandon Lloyd could have been used to help build a elite O-line. The troubles with the skins could fill pages.

The skins finish 9-7 this year and will be lucky to make the playoffs because of divisional losses.

Most of the people talking bad about him didnt witness the 3 super bowl wins, or was way to young to appreciate it. While he has not been up to par as of late, I will never lose faith or talk bad about a NFL Legend.

When you say "he has not been up to par as of late" what exactly do you mean by "late" if you mean "he has not been up to par since 1991", I would agree with that statement.

Most of the people talking bad about him didnt witness the 3 super bowl wins, or was way to young to appreciate it. While he has not been up to par as of late, I will never lose faith or talk bad about a NFL Legend.

When you say "he has not been up to par as of late" what exactly do you mean by "late" if you mean "he has not been up to par since 1991", I would agree with that statement.

Class act all around. Grew up during the glory years and I will always respect JG.

But this is a different time and the results cannot be ignored. I don't think he should be fired (we are 4-3, folks) but I also don't have a lot of faith in Joe leading us anywhere. Sad but true.

Class act all around. Grew up during the glory years and I will always respect JG.

But this is a different time and the results cannot be ignored. I don't think he should be fired (we are 4-3, folks) but I also don't have a lot of faith in Joe leading us anywhere. Sad but true.

Injuries are not Gibbs' fault.

A terrible O-line is not Gibbs' fault.

Though I feel the coaching has been somewhat lackluster, he hasn't been given much to work with. Nobody can stay healthy, and Snyder would rather pay Deion Sanders $10M than pay a solid offensive lineman $2M. It's time to move on from Jansen, Thomas, and Rabach. I like Samuels and Kendall; imagine where we would be w/o Kendall right now. Seriously, we may have lost one or two more games and we probably wouldn't have done the little bit on offense that we did do this week. O-line is the most important part of a football team, and it's always overlooked.

Kevin Sheehan made a great point today; swap QBs yesterday (we get Brady, they get Campbell), and the score still probably would have been about 42-14 Patriots. It's the o-line, plain and simple. When you have guys like HEATH FREAKIN EVANS running for 4.8 YPC against a top 5 defense, you know your o-line is elite.

Injuries are not Gibbs' fault.

A terrible O-line is not Gibbs' fault.

Though I feel the coaching has been somewhat lackluster, he hasn't been given much to work with. Nobody can stay healthy, and Snyder would rather pay Deion Sanders $10M than pay a solid offensive lineman $2M. It's time to move on from Jansen, Thomas, and Rabach. I like Samuels and Kendall; imagine where we would be w/o Kendall right now. Seriously, we may have lost one or two more games and we probably wouldn't have done the little bit on offense that we did do this week. O-line is the most important part of a football team, and it's always overlooked.

Kevin Sheehan made a great point today; swap QBs yesterday (we get Brady, they get Campbell), and the score still probably would have been about 42-14 Patriots. It's the o-line, plain and simple. When you have guys like HEATH FREAKIN EVANS running for 4.8 YPC against a top 5 defense, you know your o-line is elite.

What is it that you think Joe Gibbs is here to do? Do you think he is here because of his fantastic X's and O's? Do you think we needed to go and hire Joe Gibbs and pull him out of Nascar (where he was building more championships after the 3 with 3 different quarterbacks he won for us) for his football knowledge? We just got done with an absolute "mastermind" of offensive plays in steve Spurrier. We could have hired any number of coordinators to do the X's and O's for this team . . . OH! Wait a second, we did in fact!! We hired a genius defensive coordinator with head coaching experience. We hired arguably the greatest offensive mind in the league for the half a decade prior to his arrival in Washington to run the X's and O's for the Washington offense. Do you really think we needed Joe Gibbs to give us his plays????

We hired Joe Gibbs to create a "team". We hired Joe Gibbs to get men of character. Men who care about the game and their teamates. Joe's job was to bring the fans back into the organization and make a real 12th man. Joe was hired to lead. He was hired to make this team accountable. He was hired to get this team thinking properly all the time. He was hired to be the face and mind of the organization. He is an undisputable leader of men. He lives his life and exemplifies the character and ethic of a champion human being all the time. He is unflappable. He is as strong a man as there is and he is the leader of our football team. He is making men out of his players. He is showing them day in and day out how to do little things that make them have a powerful psychology. He understands that ultimately it is the character of this team that will make it a Champion and unlike ANY of us, Joe Jackson Gibbs knows that because he IS and ALWAYS HAS BEEN a champion.

You want to beat the Patriots? You better find a group of guys that regardless of who you bring in (ie Randy Moss) THEY will conform to the team or they will not play for that team. You want to be as good as ther patriots? You better build a team that understands you are only as strong as the weakest backup player. You want to not get destroyed by a team like that? You better build a team that does the little things day in and day out, that cares desperately about the team, that NEVER overlooks and opponent, that ALWAYS pays attention to detail, that doesn't get in trouble off the field, that knows that if each of them doesn't do their job the entire team sinks. That is what makes the patriots the patriots. Its not just about talent and speed and size. Ask Donovan Mcnabb, TO and Andy Reid whether talent without leadership and character works.

Joe Gibbs is here to do exactly what he is doing. He is teaching this organization how to think like a champion. They are better than last year. They acknowledged mistakes. They have improved. They will make the playoffs this year. They are improving all the time. They are remaining "in this together" despite the horrific injuries and this lopsided loss (p.s. EVERYBODY that has played the patriots has gotten pasted. . . repeat: EVERYBODY). Has he been perfect? Nope. He never will be and he will be the first to tell you that. All he does is assess the situation facing the team every single second and do all he can to make the best possible decision and keep the team in the best possible state of mind for whatever is facing this team. He is the same exact guy at 35-3 against detroit and 52-7 against the Patriots. Because Joe lives, coaches, works and breathes by principles and not emotion. Joe is the best thing this team has. He is the best thing this team has EVER had. HAIL!:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

What is it that you think Joe Gibbs is here to do? Do you think he is here because of his fantastic X's and O's? Do you think we needed to go and hire Joe Gibbs and pull him out of Nascar (where he was building more championships after the 3 with 3 different quarterbacks he won for us) for his football knowledge? We just got done with an absolute "mastermind" of offensive plays in steve Spurrier. We could have hired any number of coordinators to do the X's and O's for this team . . . OH! Wait a second, we did in fact!! We hired a genius defensive coordinator with head coaching experience. We hired arguably the greatest offensive mind in the league for the half a decade prior to his arrival in Washington to run the X's and O's for the Washington offense. Do you really think we needed Joe Gibbs to give us his plays????

We hired Joe Gibbs to create a "team". We hired Joe Gibbs to get men of character. Men who care about the game and their teamates. Joe's job was to bring the fans back into the organization and make a real 12th man. Joe was hired to lead. He was hired to make this team accountable. He was hired to get this team thinking properly all the time. He was hired to be the face and mind of the organization. He is an undisputable leader of men. He lives his life and exemplifies the character and ethic of a champion human being all the time. He is unflappable. He is as strong a man as there is and he is the leader of our football team. He is making men out of his players. He is showing them day in and day out how to do little things that make them have a powerful psychology. He understands that ultimately it is the character of this team that will make it a Champion and unlike ANY of us, Joe Jackson Gibbs knows that because he IS and ALWAYS HAS BEEN a champion.

You want to beat the Patriots? You better find a group of guys that regardless of who you bring in (ie Randy Moss) THEY will conform to the team or they will not play for that team. You want to be as good as ther patriots? You better build a team that understands you are only as strong as the weakest backup player. You want to not get destroyed by a team like that? You better build a team that does the little things day in and day out, that cares desperately about the team, that NEVER overlooks and opponent, that ALWAYS pays attention to detail, that doesn't get in trouble off the field, that knows that if each of them doesn't do their job the entire team sinks. That is what makes the patriots the patriots. Its not just about talent and speed and size. Ask Donovan Mcnabb, TO and Andy Reid whether talent without leadership and character works.

Joe Gibbs is here to do exactly what he is doing. He is teaching this organization how to think like a champion. They are better than last year. They acknowledged mistakes. They have improved. They will make the playoffs this year. They are improving all the time. They are remaining "in this together" despite the horrific injuries and this lopsided loss (p.s. EVERYBODY that has played the patriots has gotten pasted. . . repeat: EVERYBODY). Has he been perfect? Nope. He never will be and he will be the first to tell you that. All he does is assess the situation facing the team every single second and do all he can to make the best possible decision and keep the team in the best possible state of mind for whatever is facing this team. He is the same exact guy at 35-3 against detroit and 52-7 against the Patriots. Because Joe lives, coaches, works and breathes by principles and not emotion. Joe is the best thing this team has. He is the best thing this team has EVER had. HAIL!:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Archived