Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell on 'running it up'

DEEZL

"Jason Campbell said that when the Redskins have a big lead, the team's approach is to back off. "That's just what we do," he said. "Their motto might be different. They might have a different approach in the way they do it."

i have a couple of problems with this. 1st, since when - on a jason cambell-led redskin team, have we had a 'big lead'? maybe once with detroit? is this a regular occurance that i'm not aware of?

2nd, is this the correct approach? shouldn't the skins have a more 'stake through the heart' mentality similar to that of the patriots? i'm not saying they should go for it on 4th down with a 38 pt lead, but have that 'lets put this team away' mentality that the patriots seem to have.

if jason is referring to a 14pt lead as a 'big lead', then i guess he's right. the problem is, in this modern nfl game, 14pts ain't jack squat.

"Jason Campbell said that when the Redskins have a big lead, the team's approach is to back off. "That's just what we do," he said. "Their motto might be different. They might have a different approach in the way they do it."

i have a couple of problems with this. 1st, since when - on a jason cambell-led redskin team, have we had a 'big lead'? maybe once with detroit? is this a regular occurance that i'm not aware of?

2nd, is this the correct approach? shouldn't the skins have a more 'stake through the heart' mentality similar to that of the patriots? i'm not saying they should go for it on 4th down with a 38 pt lead, but have that 'lets put this team away' mentality that the patriots seem to have.

if jason is referring to a 14pt lead as a 'big lead', then i guess he's right. the problem is, in this modern nfl game, 14pts ain't jack squat.

Archived