Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patriots Loss: Demoralizing or Motivational Tool?

Commander Adama

After the Patriots ran up the score on us, will this game be used as a tool to put a fire under this team, or is it a spirit breaker?

Me? I want every single player on this team, including the kicker and punter to be pissed off. To look at each other and vow we will not be embarrassed again like that. I want them to play mean and hungry!

What do you guys think?

HTTR

After the Patriots ran up the score on us, will this game be used as a tool to put a fire under this team, or is it a spirit breaker?

Me? I want every single player on this team, including the kicker and punter to be pissed off. To look at each other and vow we will not be embarrassed again like that. I want them to play mean and hungry!

What do you guys think?

HTTR

This game really hurt. Its like a child having so much faith in Santa Clause coming (skins going to the superbowl) and one day you realize its just a lie. Even if the skins go 13-3 this year they will not win the superbowl and that's just another season full of hopes and promises leading to lies and crushed dreams.

This game really hurt. Its like a child having so much faith in Santa Clause coming (skins going to the superbowl) and one day you realize its just a lie. Even if the skins go 13-3 this year they will not win the superbowl and that's just another season full of hopes and promises leading to lies and crushed dreams.

It was definitely demoralizing. Its also a reality check to how crappy our franchise is being run. Did you see the obvious difference between us and the Pats. Even in the coaching staff. Why is it every time we lose, Gibbs gives the other coach a half***** handshake and run off to the locker room?

It was definitely demoralizing. Its also a reality check to how crappy our franchise is being run. Did you see the obvious difference between us and the Pats. Even in the coaching staff. Why is it every time we lose, Gibbs gives the other coach a half***** handshake and run off to the locker room?

After a game like that, they have no choice to go but up. I think they'll learn from it and grow as a team a little more. I don't see the season unraveling just because of a blow out loss to an undefeated team. When you play a half of football on average, and then you play a team like New England, you're going to get punched in the mouth like that. Hopefully, this will snap these players out of their stupor and inspire them to begin playing real football for 60 minutes every game.

After a game like that, they have no choice to go but up. I think they'll learn from it and grow as a team a little more. I don't see the season unraveling just because of a blow out loss to an undefeated team. When you play a half of football on average, and then you play a team like New England, you're going to get punched in the mouth like that. Hopefully, this will snap these players out of their stupor and inspire them to begin playing real football for 60 minutes every game.

What if they are not 'in a stupor'? Maybe its not something they can just snap out of? I just don't think the talent level is where we hoped. Especially after the starters go down. This team has almost zero depth, and this is a direct result of their team building strategy since Snyder took over.

Hell, just look at the QB situation...both backups are pushing 40.

What if they are not 'in a stupor'? Maybe its not something they can just snap out of? I just don't think the talent level is where we hoped. Especially after the starters go down. This team has almost zero depth, and this is a direct result of their team building strategy since Snyder took over.

Hell, just look at the QB situation...both backups are pushing 40.

this team has no fire. I wouldnt be suprised if this game undoes the season and they finish 7-9.

Had they lost 52-28, then it would be different - they at least, would have tried their best vs. the best team in the league. I didnt expect them to win, but I expected them to show up.

That's a concern that I have. A loss like this can be devastating to a struggling team.

this team has no fire. I wouldnt be suprised if this game undoes the season and they finish 7-9.

Had they lost 52-28, then it would be different - they at least, would have tried their best vs. the best team in the league. I didnt expect them to win, but I expected them to show up.

That's a concern that I have. A loss like this can be devastating to a struggling team.

What do you guys think?

HTTR

I was thinking the same thing...actually that movie quote "I am mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" keeps playing in my mind.

I hope the players feel the same way.

Archived