Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Love for Sean Taylor

ThePreciating

The issue was not Taylor's play - like others have said, he was tested once, and that nearly resulted in something that has happened only twice all season, i.e. Tom Brady throwing an interception.

Our safeties are amazing.

The issue was that the linebackers gave up too much room in the short game, and that allowed Brady to make plays underneath. They're simply not fast enough to stop first downs giving up that kind of room (few defenses if any are).

The issue was not Taylor's play - like others have said, he was tested once, and that nearly resulted in something that has happened only twice all season, i.e. Tom Brady throwing an interception.

The issue was that the linebackers gave up too much room in the short game, and that allowed Brady to make plays underneath. They're simply not fast enough to stop first downs giving up that kind of room (few defenses if any are).

Well said...much love for Taylor's heart. He was playing with extra fire this week and it was evident we were trying to punish their receivers. It's just a shame the Pats saw it coming and were 2 steps ahead of our coaching staff (as they have been the entire league).

Also, while we're at it Landry was flying in and crushing people at the begining of the game. He missed a few tackles he should have made but it was obvious that our safeties were on a war path. There were many coulda woulda shouldas that might have made that game a lot closer than it was but all we can do is take it on the chin and try to learn something here. I thought the most devastating part of the game was losing Carlos for the season...he doesn't have the best hands but he is a key ingredient in most of Williams' D strategies.

No love for the offense this weekend. That was pathetic. You are better than that Jason...and CP. O-Line needs to play better than they actually are.

Well said...much love for Taylor's heart. He was playing with extra fire this week and it was evident we were trying to punish their receivers. It's just a shame the Pats saw it coming and were 2 steps ahead of our coaching staff (as they have been the entire league).

Also, while we're at it Landry was flying in and crushing people at the begining of the game. He missed a few tackles he should have made but it was obvious that our safeties were on a war path. There were many coulda woulda shouldas that might have made that game a lot closer than it was but all we can do is take it on the chin and try to learn something here. I thought the most devastating part of the game was losing Carlos for the season...he doesn't have the best hands but he is a key ingredient in most of Williams' D strategies.

No love for the offense this weekend. That was pathetic. You are better than that Jason...and CP. O-Line needs to play better than they actually are.

They sorched us through the air, did you not see the game? Safeties are supposed to stop the dinks and dunks, which niether did. Listen, Taylor is a good safety, but he played a bad game, hence the 52 points that was hung up on us! Watch the game again and tell me he played well.

Please don't post on this site again until you get the ESPN phone. You are talking out of your ***.

We played a cover 2...The safeties play a deep coverage...hence why we didn't give up ANY big plays. Only passes over the middle to Wes Welker and Jabar Gaffney.

I know you watched the game. But study up and understand what you are watching.

They sorched us through the air, did you not see the game? Safeties are supposed to stop the dinks and dunks, which niether did. Listen, Taylor is a good safety, but he played a bad game, hence the 52 points that was hung up on us! Watch the game again and tell me he played well.

Please don't post on this site again until you get the ESPN phone. You are talking out of your ***.

We played a cover 2...The safeties play a deep coverage...hence why we didn't give up ANY big plays. Only passes over the middle to Wes Welker and Jabar Gaffney.

I know you watched the game. But study up and understand what you are watching.

Yeah did you see that score by vrabel. He had him 1-on-1 and everyone just knew he would be getting the ball. I dont think ST was within 35 feet of him when he caught the TD

Man some people seem like they watch a different game. If you watch this exact play, Taylor was either blitzing or most likely stopping the run. He didn't hesitate on Vrabel because this was not his assignment. Marcus Washington was playing behind Taylor for the whole reason of covering Vrabel and he got schooled. How hard is it really to comprehend this, I dont understand.

Yeah did you see that score by vrabel. He had him 1-on-1 and everyone just knew he would be getting the ball. I dont think ST was within 35 feet of him when he caught the TD

Man some people seem like they watch a different game. If you watch this exact play, Taylor was either blitzing or most likely stopping the run. He didn't hesitate on Vrabel because this was not his assignment. Marcus Washington was playing behind Taylor for the whole reason of covering Vrabel and he got schooled. How hard is it really to comprehend this, I dont understand.

Archived