Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

History Give Us Some Hope

bandleader

The TV guys reminded us, over and over, that this was the worst Skins loss since the putrid '61 Skins. But there's another historic example that we can take more heart from: A good 1985 Skins team, that eventually went 10-6, gave up 45 unanswered points to the Bears. With hindsight, we know that those Bears were a team for the ages, much like these Patriots seem to be. And let's not forget that our 1985 season was sandwiched squarely between our Super Bowl seasons of '82, '83 and '87. Let's not dismantle this team quite yet. HTTR!

The TV guys reminded us, over and over, that this was the worst Skins loss since the putrid '61 Skins. But there's another historic example that we can take more heart from: A good 1985 Skins team, that eventually went 10-6, gave up 45 unanswered points to the Bears. With hindsight, we know that those Bears were a team for the ages, much like these Patriots seem to be. And let's not forget that our 1985 season was sandwiched squarely between our Super Bowl seasons of '82, '83 and '87. Let's not dismantle this team quite yet. HTTR!

And let's not forget that our 1985 season was sandwiched squarely between our Super Bowl seasons of '82, '83 and '87. Let's not dismantle this team quite yet. HTTR!

Unfortunately, the comparison is poor. You're comparing a team that went to back-to-back Superbowls and was a division winner the next year....with what? A team whose most recent claim to fame was needing to win five-in-a-row to get into the playoffs?

And let's not forget that our 1985 season was sandwiched squarely between our Super Bowl seasons of '82, '83 and '87. Let's not dismantle this team quite yet. HTTR!

Unfortunately, the comparison is poor. You're comparing a team that went to back-to-back Superbowls and was a division winner the next year....with what? A team whose most recent claim to fame was needing to win five-in-a-row to get into the playoffs?

i still think we are a top 10 team

and will win 10-11 games this season

:applause: I still have hope too. W just gotta beat the jets next week. If we lose to a 1-7 team, I will have lost hope.

Our only loses have come to the 6-2 Giants (we should have won) the 5-1 packers (we should have won that game too) and the 8-0 Pats (**** them).

We'll get back on track and start winning. We can easily win our next 2 in a row. On the road vs. the 1-7 Jets, and at Home vs. the 3-4 Eagles. Come on Skins.

i still think we are a top 10 team

and will win 10-11 games this season

:applause: I still have hope too. W just gotta beat the jets next week. If we lose to a 1-7 team, I will have lost hope.

Our only loses have come to the 6-2 Giants (we should have won) the 5-1 packers (we should have won that game too) and the 8-0 Pats (**** them).

We'll get back on track and start winning. We can easily win our next 2 in a row. On the road vs. the 1-7 Jets, and at Home vs. the 3-4 Eagles. Come on Skins.

Until I see gibss use his players correctly I will not "crown" the skins or say they will win another superbowl. The New era is pass happy teams win superbowls.

there wasn't a correct way to use his players today. Pats have way more talent from top to bottom. This game was over befor it started.

Until I see gibss use his players correctly I will not "crown" the skins or say they will win another superbowl. The New era is pass happy teams win superbowls.

there wasn't a correct way to use his players today. Pats have way more talent from top to bottom. This game was over befor it started.

In 1985, the offense was also stagnent until Theisman got hurt. When Schraeder came in, the Skins aired it out, and continued to do so for a few years. There is no Schraeder sitting on this bench, not is there an air-it-out ability. I similar offensive turnaround is unlikely.

In 1985, the offense was also stagnent until Theisman got hurt. When Schraeder came in, the Skins aired it out, and continued to do so for a few years. There is no Schraeder sitting on this bench, not is there an air-it-out ability. I similar offensive turnaround is unlikely.

Archived