Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gamepro: Call of Duty 4 criticized for 4-6 hour campaign mode

heyholetsgogrant

Call of Duty 4 criticized for 4-6 hour campaign mode

by Blake Snow | 10/25/2007 | 3:41:44 PM PST

An early review of Call of Duty 4 says the single player campaign takes only five to six hours to complete on normal difficulty.

How long should single player be?

According to the Official Xbox Magazine (Dec '07 issue), Call of Duty 4 comes up short in terms of rewarding single players with a lasting campaign mode. The game reportedly talks only "five to six" hours to complete on the default difficulty setting.

While there is no standard in how long a single player game should be, Call of Duty 4 also provides near-endless hours of entertainment via a robust online multiplayer component.

Other high-profile games have recently been criticized for their short single player modes, namely Heavenly Sword on PS3 and Halo 3 for Xbox 360 which gives rise to the question: How long should the average single player campaign last given the high amount of polish many next-generation games display?

Source: Gamespot

http://gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=143448

---------------------------------------------------------

I was planing on getting this game. This game is probably one of the most anticipated games of the last 2 years. I would expect most action games to be around 8-12 hours of play, not 4-6. I'm assuming the reason behind this is is because they expect most people to play this game online?

-Grant

Call of Duty 4 criticized for 4-6 hour campaign mode

by Blake Snow | 10/25/2007 | 3:41:44 PM PST

An early review of Call of Duty 4 says the single player campaign takes only five to six hours to complete on normal difficulty.

According to the Official Xbox Magazine (Dec '07 issue), Call of Duty 4 comes up short in terms of rewarding single players with a lasting campaign mode. The game reportedly talks only "five to six" hours to complete on the default difficulty setting.

While there is no standard in how long a single player game should be, Call of Duty 4 also provides near-endless hours of entertainment via a robust online multiplayer component.

Other high-profile games have recently been criticized for their short single player modes, namely Heavenly Sword on PS3 and Halo 3 for Xbox 360 which gives rise to the question: How long should the average single player campaign last given the high amount of polish many next-generation games display?

Source: Gamespot

http://gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=143448

---------------------------------------------------------

I was planing on getting this game. This game is probably one of the most anticipated games of the last 2 years. I would expect most action games to be around 8-12 hours of play, not 4-6. I'm assuming the reason behind this is is because they expect most people to play this game online?

-Grant

Archived