Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Akili Smith for #3?

jimster

Smith will probably sign for $750K or so, usually a high amount for a #3. He would probably fill the #2 role at age 25 or 26.

The #3 spot is going to be a 22 or 23 year old #6 or #7 draft choice with some raw skills who is going to make near the rookie minimum................. :)

Don't know if it's the Cinci thing or just Smith. I wouldn't mind lookin at him for the #3 spot. Thing is, at his age, I doubt he'll want to be third in the rotation. He may want at least the second spot, with hopes for a chance to prove himself in a solid system.

I would be more comfortable with a proven backup, like Jeff Blake or Kent Graham.

If it Ramsey gets hurt (which is a definite possibility) I'd feel much more comfortable with a mediocre veteran than a youngster with potential.

The period that a backup will be starting is usually limited and doesn't allow ample time for a first round bust to realize his potential.

Plus, if (God forbid) Ramsey doesn't pan out, we have somebody to fall back on for a portion of the season.

Archived