Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs' Redskins, Please show some confidence...(Gibbs quotes Mod edited title).

SkinsWizCubsDukes

Im sure behind close door Gibbs is not singing the same tune that he did in his press conferences. I have a feeling finally they will put together an agressive gameplan this week on the offensive side of the ball. The Pats can be run on, and if we can establish that, and work the middle of the field to Cooley i feel we couled put up some points on them.

To your comment, Gibbs did say that there are certain things discussed behind closed doors.

In my 26 years of watching the Redskins, with this being Joe Gibbs' 2nd time around, one thing I've noticed about his interviews...he has always spoken highly of his opponents; then, comes out and dismantles them, especially those considered to be in favored to win, not only win, but by a large margin.

I've said it a number of times, and I'll say it again...I do believe we can win. It's unfortunately that our O-line has suffered injuries to our starting players which limits us to certain plays. If our offense can put up the same type of game plan they did against the Lions, and with the way our beloved defense is playing...things could get very interesting for the Pats.

Hail ;)

Im sure behind close door Gibbs is not singing the same tune that he did in his press conferences. I have a feeling finally they will put together an agressive gameplan this week on the offensive side of the ball. The Pats can be run on, and if we can establish that, and work the middle of the field to Cooley i feel we couled put up some points on them.

To your comment, Gibbs did say that there are certain things discussed behind closed doors.

In my 26 years of watching the Redskins, with this being Joe Gibbs' 2nd time around, one thing I've noticed about his interviews...he has always spoken highly of his opponents; then, comes out and dismantles them, especially those considered to be in favored to win, not only win, but by a large margin.

I've said it a number of times, and I'll say it again...I do believe we can win. It's unfortunately that our O-line has suffered injuries to our starting players which limits us to certain plays. If our offense can put up the same type of game plan they did against the Lions, and with the way our beloved defense is playing...things could get very interesting for the Pats.

Hail ;)

IF we win N.E. game, you guys will find something else to be unhappy about.

If Gibbs went 19-0, 5 years in a row that still would not be good enough, would it?

Yes it would because we would have won 5 Super Bowls. We can win the NE game if we play flawless football,and how many times has that happened during Gibbs II?

If EVERYONE does their respective jobs well Sunday, that still may not be enough but at least it would be a GREAT effort.:helmet:

IF we win N.E. game, you guys will find something else to be unhappy about.

If Gibbs went 19-0, 5 years in a row that still would not be good enough, would it?

Yes it would because we would have won 5 Super Bowls. We can win the NE game if we play flawless football,and how many times has that happened during Gibbs II?

If EVERYONE does their respective jobs well Sunday, that still may not be enough but at least it would be a GREAT effort.:helmet:

How much confidence do you have in the offense? I love JC and all the weapons he has but without a solid line against the Pats how do you expect to win. This is not a game to put on the defenses shoulders. The Pats are gonna score points, I dont realistically see us shutting them down completely. I think we will give their offense the biggest challenge theyve had all season but we're gonna have to put points on the board and keep the ball in our offenses hands. This is gonna be a game dependant on our O and if they cant step it up we will walk away 4-3. It will take a miracle for our line to produce the way we need it to. Call me pessemistic, a nay sayer or whatever you want but Gibbs is right, we are gonna struggle hard.

Even if you don't expect your team to win you still need to motivate your players and let them know you think they have what it takes. We could easily be 6-0 as a lot of people on this board say and we have one of the best teams in the league.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, the team will struggle, because in the Joe Gibbs' mind, he already believes that they will.

Meanwhile Bellicheck was talking up how good our defense is. Is he screaming "fire me"? It's coach speak. Everyone does it. And when facing a team as good as NE it would be stupid to act ****y.

There's a huge difference from not acting ****y and saying "We'll probably be the biggest underdog in the history of sports."

How much confidence do you have in the offense? I love JC and all the weapons he has but without a solid line against the Pats how do you expect to win. This is not a game to put on the defenses shoulders. The Pats are gonna score points, I dont realistically see us shutting them down completely. I think we will give their offense the biggest challenge theyve had all season but we're gonna have to put points on the board and keep the ball in our offenses hands. This is gonna be a game dependant on our O and if they cant step it up we will walk away 4-3. It will take a miracle for our line to produce the way we need it to. Call me pessemistic, a nay sayer or whatever you want but Gibbs is right, we are gonna struggle hard.

Even if you don't expect your team to win you still need to motivate your players and let them know you think they have what it takes. We could easily be 6-0 as a lot of people on this board say and we have one of the best teams in the league.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, the team will struggle, because in the Joe Gibbs' mind, he already believes that they will.

Meanwhile Bellicheck was talking up how good our defense is. Is he screaming "fire me"? It's coach speak. Everyone does it. And when facing a team as good as NE it would be stupid to act ****y.

There's a huge difference from not acting ****y and saying "We'll probably be the biggest underdog in the history of sports."

You young'ns don't remember the old days, when we'd be averaging 38 points a game on offense, facing the (then terrible) Cincinnatti Bengals, and Gibbs would talk about them like they were the '85 Bears. He's ALWAYS played up his opponents. That's how he motivates his guys. Our backs are to the wall. We have to give it 100%. Don't let up.

Seriously, I think some of you guys stay up nights thinking of ways to complain about this team.

You young'ns don't remember the old days, when we'd be averaging 38 points a game on offense, facing the (then terrible) Cincinnatti Bengals, and Gibbs would talk about them like they were the '85 Bears. He's ALWAYS played up his opponents. That's how he motivates his guys. Our backs are to the wall. We have to give it 100%. Don't let up.

Seriously, I think some of you guys stay up nights thinking of ways to complain about this team.

Right now the biggest mistake I see is that Betts is more of an in betweeen the tackles runner because he hits the holes so fast..While Portis runs better outside..

it seems we have that a little backwards and Portis plays are just taking way to long to develop..

I know the offensive line is struggling but the RB situation isn't helping either.

Right now the biggest mistake I see is that Betts is more of an in betweeen the tackles runner because he hits the holes so fast..While Portis runs better outside..

it seems we have that a little backwards and Portis plays are just taking way to long to develop..

I know the offensive line is struggling but the RB situation isn't helping either.

Perhaps what he needs to do is put God on the bench this game and step up to the plate and kick some ass.

God on the bench? The most powerful being in the universe...typo...the creator of the universe "on the bench"? Wow. Just to clarify something, Jesus never lost an arguement. It was never even close. Just because he didn't incite violence against those who persecute him doesn't make him weak...

If God can die the death he did while staying completely faithful and sinless, I sure don't want him 'on the bench'. Btw, when he gets the ball the second time he's going to put the game away....and that is exactly where Gibbs has failed.

Perhaps what he needs to do is put God on the bench this game and step up to the plate and kick some ass.

God on the bench? The most powerful being in the universe...typo...the creator of the universe "on the bench"? Wow. Just to clarify something, Jesus never lost an arguement. It was never even close. Just because he didn't incite violence against those who persecute him doesn't make him weak...

If God can die the death he did while staying completely faithful and sinless, I sure don't want him 'on the bench'. Btw, when he gets the ball the second time he's going to put the game away....and that is exactly where Gibbs has failed.

So just blow smoke up their ass and ignore the obvious. What do you think they are a bunch of retards or something and cant be realistic. I am all for showing support and talking these guys up as much as possible but even the players know what theyve done so far wont be enough. We need to play smash mouth run them in the ground football against the Pats eating the clock up while doing so, can this be done? I would say it will take a miracle. They will all know the gameplan and what is expected of them, the thing is can they produce. We'll see on sunday. I love OUR Redskins, but if soemthing doesnt change they will STRUGGLE regardless of whatever smoke has been blown up their ass!

So just blow smoke up their ass and ignore the obvious. What do you think they are a bunch of retards or something and cant be realistic. I am all for showing support and talking these guys up as much as possible but even the players know what theyve done so far wont be enough. We need to play smash mouth run them in the ground football against the Pats eating the clock up while doing so, can this be done? I would say it will take a miracle. They will all know the gameplan and what is expected of them, the thing is can they produce. We'll see on sunday. I love OUR Redskins, but if soemthing doesnt change they will STRUGGLE regardless of whatever smoke has been blown up their ass!

the weak spot on our defense is Carlos Rodgers. They are going to fry him all game long. Gibbs will be outcoached in the game badly. We will have to win this game on defense and special teams. Offense will do nohing against the pats. Gibbs isnt going to ge this team up to play against the pats. Greg Williams might but gibbs is not. Jason Campbell has to be alot better then we think he is this week.

I dont agree at all. While our offense has struggled (seems like forever), the Pats defense is not this impenatrable juggernaut. Their offense? Well yeah... that.

I think we can score and keep this game close.

I posted in another thread that we need to play smash-mouth football. With all glam and glitz that the Pats have, the one thing I think they dont have is toughness. They have not faced adversity yet.

LETS GIVE IT TO THEM!!!

HTTR!!!

the weak spot on our defense is Carlos Rodgers. They are going to fry him all game long. Gibbs will be outcoached in the game badly. We will have to win this game on defense and special teams. Offense will do nohing against the pats. Gibbs isnt going to ge this team up to play against the pats. Greg Williams might but gibbs is not. Jason Campbell has to be alot better then we think he is this week.

I dont agree at all. While our offense has struggled (seems like forever), the Pats defense is not this impenatrable juggernaut. Their offense? Well yeah... that.

I think we can score and keep this game close.

I posted in another thread that we need to play smash-mouth football. With all glam and glitz that the Pats have, the one thing I think they dont have is toughness. They have not faced adversity yet.

LETS GIVE IT TO THEM!!!

HTTR!!!

Archived