Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs' Redskins, Please show some confidence...(Gibbs quotes Mod edited title).

SkinsWizCubsDukes

This is one of my issues with Gibbs.

He needs to tone it down with the every game is a battle, whether we are playing Miami or NE. Talk like that loses its motivational value when you play the Miamis, and more importantly, loses its motivational value when you play the New Englands.

This team needs to develop a killer instinct.

This is my first post and I hate to come out and sound argumentative as I introduce myself but I have been reading many of the posts in this thread and others and I just can't contain myself.

I know one of the major functions of message boards (in fact, maybe the only real function) is for the everyday fan to spout off about how if he were in charge of the team, everything would be better. Fans, myself included, think we are smarter than everyone else, especially old washed up Joe Gibbs :-)

The fact is, we are in the enviable position of to playing the best position in football... Monday Morning Quarterback. It seems so obvious to us now, indeed maybe is was obvious to us on Sunday, that we should have opened up the offiense more... allowed JC to lead the team...taken some shots downfield...been less predictable. "If those coaches would do what I say, we would not have had to sweat out a 55 yard field goal attempt at the end". Right?

Well, maybe...

On the other hand we could have taken some of those risks (they are risks you understand) and it could have blown up right in our faces. We could have tried a few more passes. You know what they say, "there are only three things that can happen when you throw the ball and two of them are bad" Now, I don't really believe that but I do think there are times when "discretion is the better part of valor". I am not sure playing it close to the vest was a bad option in the situation we were in on Sunday.

If we tried to be more creative (aka risky) we could have ended up turing the ball over and giving them a short field. Imagine if they had scored their touchdown with 1 minute to go instead of 20 seconds. Do you still think we would have won the game? I don't.

If the coaches had decided to play it differently and we lost the game due to a sack/fumble or interception, I guarantee you there would be hundreds of threads imploring the coahing staff to get back to "smashmouth, Redskins football. You know ,the Riggo Drill... chew the clock up, blah, blah, blah"

While this is my first post (I do read the board a lot) I just get tired of hearing people write posts giving what appears to be very little thought to what could happen if their "brilliant" plan did not work.

As much as I hate these close games, I think we better get used to them because I see a lot of 21-19 games on the horizon... to be honest, I would take a win just like it this Sunday. Go Skins!

:notworthy :applause: :cheers: for you first post i think your dead on bro, please post more because you made my day, i can reason with you because you look at both sides of the coin, alot of ES members give their opinion not realizing there are MANY varibles to determine the outcome not just different approaches to play calling, just like you said it could all come down to ONE play and thats how ALOT of football games are won and loss... on ONE play

This is my first post and I hate to come out and sound argumentative as I introduce myself but I have been reading many of the posts in this thread and others and I just can't contain myself.

I know one of the major functions of message boards (in fact, maybe the only real function) is for the everyday fan to spout off about how if he were in charge of the team, everything would be better. Fans, myself included, think we are smarter than everyone else, especially old washed up Joe Gibbs :-)

The fact is, we are in the enviable position of to playing the best position in football... Monday Morning Quarterback. It seems so obvious to us now, indeed maybe is was obvious to us on Sunday, that we should have opened up the offiense more... allowed JC to lead the team...taken some shots downfield...been less predictable. "If those coaches would do what I say, we would not have had to sweat out a 55 yard field goal attempt at the end". Right?

Well, maybe...

On the other hand we could have taken some of those risks (they are risks you understand) and it could have blown up right in our faces. We could have tried a few more passes. You know what they say, "there are only three things that can happen when you throw the ball and two of them are bad" Now, I don't really believe that but I do think there are times when "discretion is the better part of valor". I am not sure playing it close to the vest was a bad option in the situation we were in on Sunday.

If we tried to be more creative (aka risky) we could have ended up turing the ball over and giving them a short field. Imagine if they had scored their touchdown with 1 minute to go instead of 20 seconds. Do you still think we would have won the game? I don't.

If the coaches had decided to play it differently and we lost the game due to a sack/fumble or interception, I guarantee you there would be hundreds of threads imploring the coahing staff to get back to "smashmouth, Redskins football. You know ,the Riggo Drill... chew the clock up, blah, blah, blah"

While this is my first post (I do read the board a lot) I just get tired of hearing people write posts giving what appears to be very little thought to what could happen if their "brilliant" plan did not work.

As much as I hate these close games, I think we better get used to them because I see a lot of 21-19 games on the horizon... to be honest, I would take a win just like it this Sunday. Go Skins!

:notworthy :applause: :cheers: for you first post i think your dead on bro, please post more because you made my day, i can reason with you because you look at both sides of the coin, alot of ES members give their opinion not realizing there are MANY varibles to determine the outcome not just different approaches to play calling, just like you said it could all come down to ONE play and thats how ALOT of football games are won and loss... on ONE play

Archived