Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's time to put it in JC's hands

LiveStrongSkins

Folks, our bread and butter running game has been pulverized by injuries. Because of this I think its time to spread teams out and pass to open the run. You have to play to your teams strength and right now im not too sure that is going to be running the ball. Get these teams thinking pass then lets run it at them. Right now, with the guys we have hurt and the inexperience we have in the game, we cant play right into 8 man fronts. Get Moss, Randle el, Cooley, and even McCardell out in space. Get these teams backing off and in their nickel package and lets run it that way. Even with our line hurt the way it is, its still on par with some of the other offenses who are putting up alot more points then us.

he's got a point.

have you ever seen us line up shotgun with 5 wide on first down? I've seen New England do it? can someone refresh my memory, what's their record again?

im not saying we have to be like NE or line up 5 wide on first down, but would it hurt to do a little more along the same lines? its not like we dont have the neccessities. i mean wtf would you do if you sent out your d and then you see Santana, ARE, Lloyd, Thrash, and McCardell lined up? you'd be fked... proper fked

with 5 wide, im sure someone will be open and the o-line can manage to get campbell enough time. but when you got 2 wide outs, you need more time.

the running game is just slowly dying. portis is not running like he used to, maybe cause he knee or whatever, and the o-line is just tooo banged up

Steve Spurrier?? Shouldn't you be worried about the SEC? Just kidding dude.

We tried to "put it in JC's hands" in the two-minute drill but our JV O-line looked worse than Detroit's. We've got big big BIG problems there.

Even the worst defensive teams can defend when they know you have to pass...(Well maybe accept for the bills on monday night :doh:) )

But you spread them out early on and you can actually create space and running lanes.....

Im sure Al has plenty of plays like that....hell his favorite formations are single back anyway....so i know we could be good at it and that JC could handle it and maybe open things up....

But of course that would never happen because thats not redskins football......

back to reality...:doh:

with 5 wide, im sure someone will be open and the o-line can manage to get campbell enough time. but when you got 2 wide outs, you need more time.

Not with the O-Line that we had out there in the 4th today.

the running game is just slowly dying. portis is not running like he used to, maybe cause he knee or whatever, and the o-line is just tooo banged up

Then how are they healthy enough to pass block?

im right there with ya.

im sure that 700 page playbook isnt just all pass plays in the flats to mike sellers and ladell betts.

or is it?:whoknows:

Its not the playbook its if he would be allowed to use it.......

The term they used in KC was fast break offense where they scored in 4 - 5 play 80 yard drives.....

we have seen flashes of it late last year and this year to help us get a lead but once we have the lead.......

We sit on the ball and wait for it to hatch a victory....:doh:

NE was up 11 on the road and what do they do?....come out first play of their next possesion in 4 wides to finish off and demoralize the cowboys like good teams should.....

As long as we keep trying to be the class of the NFL we will never have that kind of intinct.....

Not with the O-Line that we had out there in the 4th today.

Why wait until the 4th? like the giants game, where we suddenly started passing so well but it was too late?

Then how are they healthy enough to pass block

your telling me pass blocking is harder then run blocking? your kidding me right?

Most offensive linemen are better at run blocking than pass blocking. Thus, if you can't run block, why would you want to become one dimensional and be forced to pass block?

With a spread out defense there is more options and quick passes can serve as run plays....(see philly offense and detroits against us before they got impatient)

If you set up in traditional offensive sets with 2 WR then of course they cant block long enough for them to get open against more defenders....

If you force man coverage and draw a LB or SS to cover the extra reciever then you have a better chance winning a few match ups up front.....

Or we could go no huddle sometime before the 2 minute drill when we have to pass....

When you have injuries you have to try any and everything you can to get the best out of watch youve got......

Archived