Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Views from a naysayer pt 3

skinsn24

Good post bro. I totally agree with you. And Moss needs to step up. Portis needs to step up. These guys are our "stars" on offense and as of right now, they are more of a liability than an asset.

That is exactly what is so fustrating about this loss, it was star players who led down the up and coming start QB.

That said JC needs to be locked up for 100 years right now, the kid is for real.

Awesome, awesome post.

Let me add a few thoughts:

1) I hope this is Saunders' last season. I've had it with this offense and his playcalling. There is no continuity at all, and we always look terrible in the second half. Much of that is on the coaches. On third and short, when we should be conservative and run the ball down the defense's throat, we start getting creative and ridiculous. Those pitches to the outside against a fast GB defense on third and short made me want to tear my hair out.

2) Ladell Betts: I'm extremely disappointed with him, and with Portis to some extent. Betts looks terrible. Part of the problem is that none of our running backs are getting enough touches to get comfortable. Our running game is an absolute mess right now. We need to establish it, and it has become the least creative part of our gameplan. Very disturbing.

3) The play call on 4th and 2...the coaching staff (offensive) should have been fired on the spot for that one. We had a slant wide open, which Campbell missed, but in any event, Betts has to know he needs to run that pattern at the marker. That play blew my mind.

4) What is wrong with the offensive coaching staff??? We need to find out what's going on. Our offense looked absolutely lost in the second half. Not only could we not produce, but as we've seen so many times before, we actually gave the packers 6 points. It's completely disgusting and unacceptable, and Gibbs needs to stop with the BS excuses and fix it or leave. I've had it with this offense holding the team back.

1) I hope this is Saunders' last season. I've had it with this offense and his playcalling. There is no continuity at all, and we always look terrible in the second half. Much of that is on the coaches. On third and short, when we should be conservative and run the ball down the defense's throat, we start getting creative and ridiculous. Those pitches to the outside against a fast GB defense on third and short made me want to tear my hair out.

3) The play call on 4th and 2...the coaching staff (offensive) should have been fired on the spot for that one. We had a slant wide open, which Campbell missed, but in any event, Betts has to know he needs to run that pattern at the marker. That play blew my mind.

I think Saunders is doing a pretty damn good job in calling the plays. Sure sometimes we scratch our head but for the most part he has done a great job with what he has to work with.

The 4th and 2 play was a good call just poorly executed by our young QB. He immediately went to his first read I think GB confused him before the snap. Give props to the GB defense on that play. As you said if the slant was wide open but i think JC made up his mind to thorw the ball to Betts before the snap as GB disguized their coverage really well (pre-snap).

Archived