Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tivo/Satellite question

MissU28

I just got ATT Dish Network and I set up my Tivo to one of my tvs, but I did not bring my IR (infrared) cable when I moved from VA to CA because I had never used it and never thought I'd have satellite tv.

SO... my tivo is all set up, but it can't change channels by itself because of the satellite box and because I don't have that IR cable. Does anyone know where I can buy one and how expensive they are? Do they sell these at Best Buy? Will I need to buy it directly through Tivo or do they sell IR cables for general DVR/sattelite combinations?

Thanks in advance...

I know radio shack carries the infrared emitter and the phototransistor detectors, but im not sure if they sell them with the cable already attached

or not. I bought some a few times to use as replacements parts in a customers house.

Go in and ask for a "infrared emitter and the phototransistor detector", then ask them if they sell them already wired up, with a male rca plug, think those are 3mm on the tivos. If not im sure tivo sells them, or knows who does.

Hmmm, living in Cali and went with dish? I suspect they'll be many skinless sundays at the U28 household. ;)

Well that's all our apartment complex offers.... but don't worry, I go to a bar every Sunday morning at 9am so I can catch my redskins bright and early :)

I know radio shack carries the infrared emitter and the phototransistor detectors, but im not sure if they sell them with the cable already attached

or not. I bought some a few times to use as replacements parts in a customers house.

Go in and ask for a "infrared emitter and the phototransistor detector", then ask them if they sell them already wired up, with a male rca plug, think those are 3mm on the tivos. If not im sure tivo sells them, or knows who does.

Thanks, I'll look into this :)

Archived