Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Redskins @ Packers Preview***

portis2.jpg

VS

favre50606.jpg

.........................................................................................................

QB

Jason Campbell vs Packers 23rd rank pass D Allowed 8 TD's 5 ints

Advantage Redskins

Brett Favre vs Redskins 8th ranked pass D allowed 2 TD's 4 ints QB rating of 67.4

Advantage Redskins

RB

Redskins 10th rated rushing attack at packers 14th ranked Run allowed "0" TD's

Advantage Packers (We dont have jensen or thomas to hold off their elite Dline)

Packers 31st rated Rushing attack vs redskins 8th ranked run D allowed 2 TD's 3 fumbles.

Advantage packers (they got just their running game going, very impressive against chicago. We will try to defend against the pass all game along, allowing their RB's to have a big day.)

Special teams Advantage Redskins

Close game Redskins win 21-17 capitilizing on favres ints.

The Packers had one 48 yard run in the 1st quarter, but other then that they were stopped all day. I trust our run D to stop whoever they have running.

Yea but we will play the pass all game long. If we can get a 10 point lead we can get them to keep passing. But if the game stays close they might be able to run on us.

Yea but we will play the pass all game long. If we can get a 10 point lead we can get them to keep passing. But if the game stays close they might be able to run on us.

They're expecting that. GW is expecting them to expect that.

Translation: GB will try very hard to establish the run game early, GW will be ready, then adapt to them putting it in the air ore as the game goes on.

Skins 23

Packers 13

:dallasuck

Sometimes our defense over pursues (very aggressive) and the only thing that I am worried about facing Farve is his deadly playaction fake, if their running game gets going.

The other thing is that the Packers throw the most slants I have ever seen by any team this season. This means that we have to play a 7 man front, with bump and run coverage, and our safeties 2-deep. If our front 7 can control the Packers "attempt" at running the football, then we will win the game.

Redskins 27

Packers 17

:packsuck:

Packers 31st rated Rushing attack vs redskins 8th ranked run D allowed 2 TD's 3 fumbles.

Advantage packers (they got just their running game going, very impressive against chicago. We will try to defend against the pass all game along, allowing their RB's to have a big day.)

I think we'll see something similar to what we saw early second half against the Lions. We'll defend the pass and stay in coverage and allow them the little 4 and 5 yard runs. We'll still be able to force 3rd downs where they'll be be forced to throw into our coverage.

Do you think we will see a return of the Cover 3? I think it might allow us to play the run and defend the quick slants they like to run. Or will we see some more of that 4-2-5 Williams employed against the Lions (4 speed rushers, 2 LBs (Rocky and Fletch, with Prielou and Landry playing the intermediate and ST head hunting deep?)

I think our secondary might be able to out physical their WRs (Saw James Jones fumble twice against the Bears; Greg Jennings is a little banged up [shoulder]). I'm not sure of the best way to attack their D though; I know they like to play man on the edges...Maybe a big day again from Moss, Randle-El and Campbell?

But in any case...

:packsuck:

If we pull off the big road win, we shall start getting some of the respect we've earned. I still don't feel that GB is deserving of a top 5 power ranking in most outlets. I think GB has been overachieving a bit with their receiving core, and lack of a running game. Their D has been playing pretty well, though, albeit against an offensively weaker NFC North.

they did beat NYG 35-13. a week later we lost to NYG 24-17. The Packers are pretty good. they aren't Pats/Colts good, but they're solid. Playing in Lambeau won't be easy either. If Favre plays like he did against NY, SD and Minn we will have our hands full. If he plays like he did against Chi & Philly we have a shot.

We need to start quick. I could see Campbell getting rattled if things go badly early. (i.e. Ramsey's first road start in Lambeau in '02). This game will be a battle and its one we need to win if we want to make the playoffs.

Archived