Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lloyd,Arch,Pierce,Clark yeah yeah yeah

alleycat

Yeah we have a history with personel but...Let's look at what we have been doing recently (Every team goes through a period when they sucked at something)

M.Washington- Worked out pert damn good.

S.Springs- Some issues but..You have to say it has worked out.

S.Taylor- Not only has it worked out...Look at who we DIDN'T pick.

C.Cooley-Yep...Great draft pick

R.Macintosh- Looks good to me.

We brought in

Lemar Marshall Got a great year out of him.

A.Pierce coupl excellent years and let someone else pay him.

Drafted Dock ...solid player...let someelse paythe crazy salary.

Robach-Some don't like him...maybe SOME don't remember what we did at center b4 him.

We have resigned...

Betts, Cooley !

Moss has worked out damn nice.

El got paid ALOT...But that seems to be working out.

UFA Heyor..Someone did a good job of finding this guy.Bailed us out a game and should be a solid back up.

Someone tell me P.Kendall hasn't saved our season.

Yeah we paid Arch way too much and he sucked for us...But plenty said...We just aren't using him right.Ya might wanna watch a Chicago game...He sucks there to.

Taylor Jacobs was just waived.

Everyone was mad about Lavar (some of you) But...He wasn't a high priced LB his last cpl years or once he left.

A.Carter- Paid ALOT ! I don't think we know yet. We DO know he isn't a Lloyd,Arch deal.

There are more Damn good personel decisions we have made on top of these.

I still want a top notch GM, but we aren't the joke in personel we used to be.

We also signed Cornelius Griffin and Randy Thomas...Up until yesterday Shaun Suisham was a great pickup. Derrick Frost has been awesome and is still real young. we brought James Thrash and Mike Sellers back for second stints with the team...

if youre gonna make an argument make sure you use everything to your advantage! dont just get over excited and rush out a thread before it is complete.

Yeah we have a history with personel but...Let's look at what we have been doing recently (Every team goes through a period when they sucked at something)

2006 -- 5-11

2005 -- 10-6

2004 -- 6-10

2003 -- 5-11

2002 -- 7-9

2001 -- 8-8

etc etc etc all the way back to 1993.

Don't get me wrong, I'm encouraged by the first quarter of this season. It may all come together and be something special.

But our "history with personnel" has been one of very costly mistakes resulting in bad football teams.

I think the argument here is that we have done well producing talent in the draft. If you look at the success in our team alot of it hinges around players we drafted.

i.e. Campbell, Cooley, Betts, Samuels, Taylor, landry, Rocky, Golston

You have to be able balance vetran presence with home grown talent. We have yet to be able to do that (we are getting closer). I think the majority of poor decisions came with the trades and free agents. While the majority of our good decisions came from Drafting key players.

FYI you also are forgetting a couple other horrible moves.

TJ. Duckett (3rd round pick) Mark Brunell (2nd round pick) Brandon Lloyd (3 & 4th) Portis (I love him but we gave up too much to get him with champ and a 2nd).

M.Washington- Worked out pert damn good.

S.Springs- Some issues but..You have to say it has worked out.

S.Taylor- Not only has it worked out...Look at who we DIDN'T pick.

C.Cooley-Yep...Great draft pick

R.Macintosh- Looks good to me.

We brought in

Lemar Marshall Got a great year out of him.

A.Pierce coupl excellent years and let someone else pay him.

Drafted Dock ...solid player...let someelse paythe crazy salary.

Robach-Some don't like him...maybe SOME don't remember what we did at center b4 him.

We have resigned...

Betts, Cooley !

Moss has worked out damn nice.

El got paid ALOT...But that seems to be working out.

UFA Heyor..Someone did a good job of finding this guy.Bailed us out a game and should be a solid back up.

Someone tell me P.Kendall hasn't saved our season.

Yeah we paid Arch way too much and he sucked for us...But plenty said...We just aren't using him right.Ya might wanna watch a Chicago game...He sucks there to.

Taylor Jacobs was just waived.

Everyone was mad about Lavar (some of you) But...He wasn't a high priced LB his last cpl years or once he left.

A.Carter- Paid ALOT ! I don't think we know yet. We DO know he isn't a Lloyd,Arch deal.

There are more Damn good personel decisions we have made on top of these.

I still want a top notch GM, but we aren't the joke in personel we used to be.

Just so u will know Cory Raymer was mostly our center before rabach and i think we payed the exact amount for A.Carter he really helped us yesterday with the pass rush

I think the argument here is that we have done well producing talent in the draft. If you look at the success in our team alot of it hinges around players we drafted.

You have to be able balance vetran presence with home grown talent. We have yet to be able to do that (we are getting closer). I think the majority of poor decisions came with the trades and free agents. While the majority of our good decisions came from Drafting key players.

TJ. Duckett (3rd round pick) Mark Brunell (2nd round pick) Brandon Lloyd (3 & 4th) Portis (I love him but we gave up too much to get him with champ and a 2nd).

I disagree with you on the Brunell and Portis thing. What is Champ doing right now? nothing, their team is awful and theyve had a revolving door at running back since he left. Their so called amazing system isnt working and they are getting spanked.

As for Brunell...he was the qb that got us to the playoffs in 05 and if you recall who we had before Brunell it was a decision that had to be made. He wasnt exactly unreal but he made solid plays and didnt make mistakes when healthy.

you can't say mark Brunell was horrible tho , he gave us a playoff year , and like it or not he was the QB of that team , even tho we rode Portis to the playoffs we can't say we coulda done it with Ramsey , who has done squat since he left , so although I was ALL for benching Brunell every week , he did get us there ><

We also signed Cornelius Griffin and Randy Thomas...Up until yesterday Shaun Suisham was a great pickup. Derrick Frost has been awesome and is still real young. we brought James Thrash and Mike Sellers back for second stints with the team...

if youre gonna make an argument make sure you use everything to your advantage! dont just get over excited and rush out a thread before it is complete.

Oi !!

I am not forgetting anyone. The point of the thread wasn't to name every single aquisition in 4 years.The point was..We have sucked ass and now we suck ass a little less.Soon we won't suck ass at all and we will be back !

2006 -- 5-11

2005 -- 10-6

2004 -- 6-10

2003 -- 5-11

2002 -- 7-9

2001 -- 8-8

etc etc etc all the way back to 1993.

Don't get me wrong, I'm encouraged by the first quarter of this season. It may all come together and be something special.

But our "history with personnel" has been one of very costly mistakes resulting in bad football teams.

This is damn true !!

But, the Super Bowls are in the past and so are a lot of bad moves.

NOW...is the time to get better.

Not having a legitimate Qb is the reson the Skins have been struggling for years. If you at the two successful years in the last 10 years both times the QB was close to having a pro bowl year (Brad Johnson may have can't remember and Brunell had a better year than some might think- check it up). Consistent winning franchises usually have a franchise QB. That's why these teams that get all kinds of credit for smart personell moves is false credit to an extent. Colts- Manning, Patriots- Brady, Eagles- Mcnabb these are the three franchises that get all kinds of credit and they all have amazing QB play (Mcnabb to a lesser extent now).

Just so u will know Cory Raymer was mostly our center before rabach and i think we payed the exact amount for A.Carter he really helped us yesterday with the pass rush

The year b4 Rabach we split time between 2 centers because neither was cutting it.

A look at the current team of drafts and good FA moves under Gibbs II:

Jason Campbell

Mark Brunell (helped the team back into the playoffs, broke an NFL record)

Clinton Portis (franchise record holder)

Extended Betts

Mike Sellers returned

Chris Cooley, and extended

Santana Moss (franchise record holder)

Randle El (punt returns, passing TDs, emerging as a legit #2 WR, Mr. Utility)

James Thrash (ST contributions have been invaluable)

Extended Chris Samuels

Pete Kendall

Casey Rabach (our o-line has been one of the best in the NFL since he came here)

Extended Jon Jansen

Andre Carter (consistent since end of last season)

Griffin (one of the best, and most underrated, DTs in the game)

Montgomery (our D-line has been getting better each week since he got the starting nod)

Golston (also great value, seeing as he and Montgomery were very low round picks)

Daniels (this is probably his last year as a starter, but the D has been in the top 10 twice with him)

Washington

Fletcher

McIntosh

Springs

Rogers (eventhough some still don't like him, he has been part of a top 10 D, is looking better each game this season, and is better than a lot of other starting CBs in the NFL)

Taylor

Landry

Suisham (I know it's still early for him, and a couple others I put on here, but seeing as so many were quick to chalk up players as busts last year, I feel it's ok to chalk other up as good moves until they prove they don't deserve it, which hopefully won't happen)

Frost (how many of you wanted him gone? He's making you all eat crow every game he plays)

I know there are so many on here who only want to point out the few bad moves we made, and pretend it doesn't happen with other teams. But it's quite obvious our good moves outweigh and outnumber the bad moves.

Archived