Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Raleigh ES'ers.. New Sportstalk station 99.9 debuts Wednesday

112row2

A good friend of mine is starting on the air on Wednesday October 10th on 99.9 The Fan in Raleigh. They are going to operate under the WRAL umbrella. There is a video of him at www.wral.com/sports. From what I understand, this will be the first FM sports talk station in the triangle.

My buddy's name is Mark Thomas and he is from Smithfield. He played TE at NC State ('97) and then had stints across the NFL with teams that include Jacksonville, New York(Giants), and KC. He also played in the XFL. I am biased, but I think their show is going to be extremely insightful, entertaining,and funny (most importantly). Mark knows his stuff and loves sports and being in Raleigh.

Mark has some very good connections throughout the league and in College Football circles.

His show, from 3-7, is being co-hosted by Scott Jackson of SportsTalk 980 fame. I mention this because Scott is a native Washingtonian and is a Redskin fan.

Hopefully you guys down there will give these guys your ear, and more importantly your calls re: the Burgundy and Gold.

HTTR

Hey, thanks for the heads-up! I'll give it a listen.

He's up against a pretty good show on 620, Mark Packer's show "Primetime with The Packman" out of Charlotte. I don't listen to the other station 850. Adam Gold is the biggest gutless weasel I've ever heard on the air, and I removed their station from my pre-sets.

If your boy can manage to slip some Skins talk into their show, they will get us listeners who are absolutely starved for local Skins talk. But then, if he tries it, he may get pulled aside and informed of the unwritten ban on all things Skins in this area.

Thanks again.

:logo:

Hey, thanks for the heads-up! I'll give it a listen.

He's up against a pretty good show on 620, Mark Packer's show "Primetime with The Packman" out of Charlotte. I don't listen to the other station 850. Adam Gold is the biggest gutless weasel I've ever heard on the air, and I removed their station from my pre-sets.

If your boy can manage to slip some Skins talk into their show, they will get us listeners who are absolutely starved for local Skins talk. But then, if he tries it, he may get pulled aside and informed of the unwritten ban on all things Skins in this area.

Thanks again.

:logo:

I am bringing him to the game this week. Hopefully we can put on a good show and kick this thing off right. With Scott Jackson in the house, I'm sure they will be talking some Skins. I know it definitely will not be a Panthers show... ( I lived in Wilmington when the Panthers came into existence and the lack of 'Skins coverage was sickening...i feel your pain)

I know the Packman is good, but I think the local flavor will be a good thing. I'll do my part to keep the B&G as a regular topic.

They go live Wednesday afternoon. On Thursday the station is going to have a morining show (not sure who that is) and Tony Bruno leading up to "The Insiders" (the name of their afternoon show)3-7.

I know they'll appreciate you tuning in.

We definitely need the skins back on the air in NC. It's ridiculous that we can't get them. The folks at WPTF 680am said that Daniel Snyder wouldn't cooperate with them if I remember that correctly. Not sure what that was all about. They're missing out on a lot of fans down here.

MC

I usually only listen to XM ... but I might give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up.

no problem. I travel to Raleigh a few times a year (in-laws live in Sanford) and I am excited about an FM sportstalk station being on there.

I think Mike Maniscalco from 910 in Richmond moved to that station. He's a decent host. A bit of a Yankee homer. I quit listening to him and started listening to Riggo once he came on the air.

Maniscalco (nice job on the spelling!) is going to be on their morning show i think. From what Mark has said, one of the guys there is a Red Sox fan and it has made for some funny exchanges already.

I don't listen to the other station 850. Adam Gold is the biggest gutless weasel I've ever heard on the air, and I removed their station from my pre-sets.

Chris Clark is the only decent talent over at 850. And I only tune in before and after Hurricanes games.

That said, I'm glad to hear Mark Thomas is coming home. I'll give their show a listen, thanks for the heads up.

HTTR :logo:

Chris Clark is the only decent talent over at 850. And I only tune in before and after Hurricanes games.

That said, I'm glad to hear Mark Thomas is coming home. I'll give their show a listen, thanks for the heads up.

HTTR :logo:

:applause: you,re right about that. Also, I have heard you call in on his show. yes?

:applause: you,re right about that. Also, I have heard you call in on his show. yes?

Actually, I sit back in amazement at some of the callers and how professional Chris Clark is. He's nothing like Gould, who is quick to mute his caller and then launch into a tangent about how he's right and the caller is wrong, then goes to a commercial. Clark is a pro through and through, but I've never called his show, just an avid listener.

Archived