Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which would you rather have?

Commander Adama

I would much rather have the better team with flashy players. I think it would be really fun to have a guy like Chad Johnson if we knew the team was going to win the Superbowl. His soundbytes and celebrations are fun and done to entertain. Since, afterall, this game is really about entertaining us when you think about it. It almost makes it no fun to win everything in a boring way, or with guys that don't have any fun.

I agree.

Its not about being a "me" guy or whatever

"Me" guys are "me" guys because they don't think, they KNOW they are the best player on the field

That is what lifts you to greatness

Emmit Smith wanted the ball on every down because he knew he was the best. Tom Brady wants to make the key pass at the end of the game. Reggie White knows he will sack Drew Bledsoe 3 plays in a row in the Superbowl. Chad Johnson knows no DB will stop them

If you can walk the walk, I got no problem with "me" guys

Emmit Smith wanted the ball on every down because he knew Larry Allen was the best but he'd get the credit. Emmit is another f'ing limelight glory hog who got more then he deserved. He'll never be a 'greatest' in my book.

give me whatever team wins the most championships. i could care less if it's full of blue collar guys, white collar guys, me-first, you-first or whatever, as long as they win.

Agreed. I pick neither. I want a hard working team that has some swagger, yet remain humble enough to not act like asses. I want a team that others fear when they have to come in to play at FedEx. Not talking physical fear, but the fear that they know they have thier hands full today and nothing short of 100% effort will be needed to beat the Skins. I want a team that can win consistantly and pull off a championship or two. You can't win it every year, but 2 out of every 7 would be great.

The 80's Redskins had their Art Monks and Darrell Greens. The John Riggins and Dexter Manleys. They had their version of Vince Papale (Nick Giaquinto-trash man), fiery players (Theismann, Clark and Sanders), quiet leaders (Bostic, Butz, Mann, Warren and Jacoby). The Hogs had the confience they would whip your ass on every play. The Smurfs and Posse knew they'd get open against any defense.

That is the kinda team and players I want. Supreme confidence that every Sunday is their day. That the other team will have to cut off a leg to beat us. That the other team won't outplay, outhustle or out think us, but they made a play or two that was the difference. I want them to leave with us in the back of their minds that they don't want to play us again if they don't have to.

Archived