Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stolen Veteran's Dog Tags

Dodo Bird

My parent's house was broken into this past summer. The culprits got away with my fathers vietnam dog tags. These were very sentimental to him. For those of you working for the govt., do you know how I might order some more for him for a X-mas present this year?

Thanks and Go Skins!

Well the only customized dog tags I can find are the new style with the rubber around them...wonder what took them so long to realize the metal hitting metal made noise...

I know the type you are looking for most likely, my dad has his from that era, the tags are metal without the rubber ring, and he had a cross/some kind of marines lucky charm or whatever that had a 4 leaf clover on it and said **** the navy.

Well the only customized dog tags I can find are the new style with the rubber around them...wonder what took them so long to realize the metal hitting metal made noise...

I know the type you are looking for most likely, my dad has his from that era, the tags are metal without the rubber ring, and he had a cross/some kind of marines lucky charm or whatever that had a 4 leaf clover on it and said **** the navy.

I would not want to get him some "nock-off" tags. I would like to see if the govt. can reissue some standard army ones. He was in the army btw.

Back in vietnam they did have rubber around them it was a rubber cover put on the outside of the tags. They had it back then.

That sucks though man. I would contact the VA they might know

Try an Army/Navy surplus store. Ones near an Army post should have blank tags and the stamp machine. You just need to kind out what was on your dad's tags, I would think they had Name, SSN#, Blood type, Religion. If you know anyone in the Army, they might be able to make you a set. There was a stamp machine at Battalion HQ so we could take blank tags and make our own.

Archived